Hello from Vancouver

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by summerkl, Jul 28, 2010.

1. summerkl

summerkl Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2010
    Vancouver
    Kevin L
    Hi there,

I've been a serial digital camera purchaser and reseller over the last ten years - the advancements have been truly amazing. My addiction started with an HP 1 megapixel that came with a computer I was purchasing. Since then I've purchased compacts from Nikon, Olympus, Fuji, Canon, Sony and Konica-Minolta. I've done the SLR route with the Minolta 7D and the Canon Rebel series.

My addiction was under control over the last few years as I had settled into the Rebel XS as satisfying my need for high quality images and manageable SLR size.

Until last week when I fell hard - the E-PL1 came down to $500CDN. I couldn't resist. I took it out over the weekend and to a family barbecue. I was getting groans from the family as I was taking photos endlessly :biggrin:

I didn't think my addiction could get worse until I saw the adapted lens section - my goodness, the photos of the adapted cameras was invigorating.

As my poor wife said to me, "Here we go again!"

Kevin

• Like Like x 4
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Kevin - great intro!:2thumbs: My husband doesn't know the fullness of my addiction, yet.:wink:

Seriously, thanks so much for introducing yourself and congratulations on your E-PL1! Please make yourself at home here, and I'll look forward to your involvement - and your photos, too.:biggrin:

3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome Kevin !

4. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome Kevin :smile:

5. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany