Hello from Valleyboy

Valleyboy

New to Mu-43
Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself, as I'm new to the boards.

My name is andrew, and I'm something of a recovering DSLR-lugger. I've shot Canons for about 6 years, and have thoroughly enjoyed it. However, the last year or so I noticed my photography really starting to wane, and realized that I almost never actually shot photos because the thought of lugging around 900 lbs of gear really turned me off.

I have no doubt I'm not alone in my reasoning for trying out micro 4/3, and look forward to sharing experience, knowledge and photos with everyone else here.

andrew

entropicremnants

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John Griggs
Wow, you came to it quick. It took me until my mid 50's to start to get that, lol. I got rid of two Nikon bodies and a ton of huge lenses and now have micro four thirds and a Fuji X100.

Lovin' life and my back loves me more!

Welcome!

wildwildwes

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi Andrew-

WELCOME to you (and your back) from NYC! Like John, it took me nearly 30 years of lugging around Nikons, Hasselblads a Sinar or two and that damned Pentax 67 kit to finally "get" that SMALL and LIGHT was for me!

What did you replace the Canons with?

Looking forward to seeing your M 4/3 pix when you're up for it.

Cheers-

W

Valleyboy

New to Mu-43
Thanks for the welcomes, everyone. I'll try to get some pictures up soon.

Thanks W, I'm wading into the M43 world with an OM-D coupled to a 45 1.8 and the kit lens. So far, very pleased with the IQ! (on that note, I haven't found the 12-50 to be as bad as I've heard people say, I'm quite satisfied with it as a general zoom)

andrew

Latest threads

Top Bottom