Hello from VA

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Mathom33, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Mathom33

Mathom33 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2013
    Hi, my name is Miguel and I'm currently living in Chesapeake, VA. I recently sold an Xbox360, PS3, and two iPhone 4 in order to purchase a Panasonic GX1X, a 45-200mm lens, a set of filters and macro lenses, and a bag to carry all of the gear in.
    My last camera (which my wife now uses) was a Sony DSC-HX5V. After playing with an Olympus EPL1, I decided it was time to upgrade.

I'm new to photography and most of the time I mess with a cameras settings until it looks right. I have no knowledge of terminology or how it applies when speaking of photography. If I am trying to figure something out I normally resort to google or to forums such as this one.

I hope to gain as much knowledge as I can in the upcoming months to minimize the effort I need to put forth to take a good picture.

Aside from photography, my other hobby is riding my motorcycle. Here are a few pictures of my bike I recently took.

Here are a few pictures of some caterpillars I came across near my apartment complex.

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Sweeeet! Welcome to the forum! :cool:
  3. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan

Miguel, you're going to need some fast lenses if you take photos from that bike as it's moving :biggrin:.

Welcome to the forum!

4. Mathom33

Mathom33 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2013
  5. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Stick it on your helmet like a GoPro and wire a cable release to your handlebar grip. Sounds like a piece of cake to me. Welcome to the Forum.
  6. Printfolio

Printfolio Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2012
    Kortrijk, Belgium
    Never sell the bike! Welcome. :smile:
  7. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Welcome from the other side of VA. Nice bike.
  8. Mathom33

Mathom33 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2013
    Unfortunately she's for sale. I was medically discharged from the military, I'm attending college and working at Walgreens.... It doesn't pay enough to afford nice toys right now.
  9. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
  10. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    So how much is that kawalski worth anyway?
  11. xxjorelxx

xxjorelxx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    MD, USA
    Welcome and nice bike! Its a shame you have to let her go but priorities are priorities. Keep up with the schooling and you'll eventually find a stable job to buy more expensive toys :thumbup:
  12. Mathom33

Mathom33 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2013
    I'm looking to get $7800 for the bike. But that's considering I take all the aftermarket parts off. I have it on a local forum for $10K.

I couldn't begin to tell you how much I have invested into the bike.

Here's my post with all the aftermarket parts and my gear.

The one thing I forgot to mention is that the bike does have a SpeedoDRD to calibrate the correct speed due to a smaller front sprocket.