Hello from VA

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Mathom33, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Mathom33

Mathom33 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2013
    Hi, my name is Miguel and I'm currently living in Chesapeake, VA. I recently sold an Xbox360, PS3, and two iPhone 4 in order to purchase a Panasonic GX1X, a 45-200mm lens, a set of filters and macro lenses, and a bag to carry all of the gear in.
    My last camera (which my wife now uses) was a Sony DSC-HX5V. After playing with an Olympus EPL1, I decided it was time to upgrade.

I'm new to photography and most of the time I mess with a cameras settings until it looks right. I have no knowledge of terminology or how it applies when speaking of photography. If I am trying to figure something out I normally resort to google or to forums such as this one.

I hope to gain as much knowledge as I can in the upcoming months to minimize the effort I need to put forth to take a good picture.

Aside from photography, my other hobby is riding my motorcycle. Here are a few pictures of my bike I recently took.

7anabe3u.
    qygejusy.
    zuqejape.

Here are a few pictures of some caterpillars I came across near my apartment complex.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151336161496895.1073741826.500296894&type=1&l=1112338fd7

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Sweeeet! Welcome to the forum! :cool:

3. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Yeow!

Miguel, you're going to need some fast lenses if you take photos from that bike as it's moving :biggrin:.

Welcome to the forum!

Regards,

Jim

4. Mathom33

Mathom33 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2013
  5. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Stick it on your helmet like a GoPro and wire a cable release to your handlebar grip. Sounds like a piece of cake to me. Welcome to the Forum.

6. Printfolio

Printfolio Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2012
    Kortrijk, Belgium
    Steven
    Never sell the bike! Welcome. :smile:

7. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Welcome from the other side of VA. Nice bike.

8. Mathom33

Mathom33 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2013
    Unfortunately she's for sale. I was medically discharged from the military, I'm attending college and working at Walgreens.... It doesn't pay enough to afford nice toys right now.

9. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
  10. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    So how much is that kawalski worth anyway?

11. xxjorelxx

xxjorelxx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    MD, USA
    JohnRae
    Welcome and nice bike! Its a shame you have to let her go but priorities are priorities. Keep up with the schooling and you'll eventually find a stable job to buy more expensive toys :thumbup:

12. Mathom33

Mathom33 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2013
    I'm looking to get $7800 for the bike. But that's considering I take all the aftermarket parts off. I have it on a local forum for $10K.

I couldn't begin to tell you how much I have invested into the bike.

Here's my post with all the aftermarket parts and my gear.

http://www.hrsportbikes.com/showthread.php?2079-ZX-10R-For-sale

The one thing I forgot to mention is that the bike does have a SpeedoDRD to calibrate the correct speed due to a smaller front sprocket.