1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from Toronto!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Muntz, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Muntz

Muntz Mu-43 Regular

Apr 23, 2010
    Canada
    Good morning all,

I'm a hobbyist photographer from the Toronto area and have been shooting with an E-P1 for a few months now. I've recently added a G1 to my stable of cameras as well for use with the collection of legacy Konica Hexanon lenses I've been purchasing over the past few months. The EVF on the G1 makes manual focusing a dream, the E-P1 in bright sunlight was a chore to manual focus.

I've traditionally been a Nikon shooter (F65, D70s, D90) but a trip to Disney with a D90 and a bag full of lenses got me looking for something smaller and lighter. In my searching I stumbled upon the E-P1 and fell in love.

The E-P1 + 20mm f1.7 + VF-1 is my take everywhere camera. I carry it everyday to work and as the weather has been getting warmer have been shooting around downtown Toronto at lunch time as often as possible.

I'll try to contribute as much as possible with photos and insight into how the two m43 system compare to each other and my Nikon DSLRs.

Thanks

Joe

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome aboard, Joe and thanks for introducing yourself! Glad you found your way here.:thumbup:

3. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  4. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    Welcome Muntz!

Time for a Toronto Chapter, complete with skull patch.

Bokeh Diem

5. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Joe ! Glad you joined us. The g1 has a great EVF, I agree on that. Enjoy your weekend.

6. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

G'day Joe man, from the other side of the world. Great to see our boat filling up with all these friendly people.

icon