Hello from the UK

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by andrewpmoore, Jan 1, 2011.

1. andrewpmoore

andrewpmoore New to Mu-43

Jan 1, 2011
    Well I've decided to sell up my Canon gear and have just bought a GH2.
    I previously had a consumer HD panasonic camcorder and a Canon 300d.

Decided that the GH2 would cover my needs in one device. Hoping some fast zooms come out soon as I'm enjoying the 14-140mm, but a little extra speed wouldn't go a miss!

I've also got a panasonic lx3 and enjoy using that so much it drew me to the GH2 for my more demanding needs.

Hope to be hanging out on here a bit.
    Andrew

• Like Like x 3
  2. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome Andrew, and hello from Edinburgh :)

That's a fine camera you've chosen there. Are you interested in playing with legacy lenses? It's a lot of fun, and one of the things that make m43 an enjoyable format to use. Glad you decided to join us!

All the best,

Colin

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Andrew - good decisions.

4. andrewpmoore

andrewpmoore New to Mu-43

Jan 1, 2011
    Thanks for the welcomes!
    I must admit I'm quite tempted to have a play with some legacy lenses.

Everything I've got at the moment is Canon EF/EOS lenses, but I think I'd be better to sell them and get some others that are in less demand as I can probably get what I paid for the others.

Any recommendation. Looking for a small fast prime for portraits.

Still getting used to (or not!) the camera. Went to tropical world in Leeds yesterday, I know when I go there the lenses always steam up due to the heat and humidity until they get chance to acclimatize. I thought they were taking longer than usual and wouldn't focus. Then realised I must have knocked the focus to MF - doh! Still some reasonable video towards the end and loved using the tele-ex mode!

5. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome andrew from Holland !

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on that GH2 and for finding your way here! We're developing quite nice Video forum, if that's one of your interests with this camera.:biggrin: