1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hello from the UK

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by andrewpmoore, Jan 1, 2011.

1. andrewpmoore

andrewpmoore New to Mu-43

Jan 1, 2011
    Well I've decided to sell up my Canon gear and have just bought a GH2.
    I previously had a consumer HD panasonic camcorder and a Canon 300d.

Decided that the GH2 would cover my needs in one device. Hoping some fast zooms come out soon as I'm enjoying the 14-140mm, but a little extra speed wouldn't go a miss!

I've also got a panasonic lx3 and enjoy using that so much it drew me to the GH2 for my more demanding needs.

Hope to be hanging out on here a bit.
    Andrew

• Like Like x 3
  2. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome Andrew, and hello from Edinburgh :) 

That's a fine camera you've chosen there. Are you interested in playing with legacy lenses? It's a lot of fun, and one of the things that make m43 an enjoyable format to use. Glad you decided to join us!

All the best,

Colin

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Andrew - good decisions.

4. andrewpmoore

andrewpmoore New to Mu-43

Jan 1, 2011
    Thanks for the welcomes!
    I must admit I'm quite tempted to have a play with some legacy lenses.

Everything I've got at the moment is Canon EF/EOS lenses, but I think I'd be better to sell them and get some others that are in less demand as I can probably get what I paid for the others.

Any recommendation. Looking for a small fast prime for portraits.

Still getting used to (or not!) the camera. Went to tropical world in Leeds yesterday, I know when I go there the lenses always steam up due to the heat and humidity until they get chance to acclimatize. I thought they were taking longer than usual and wouldn't focus. Then realised I must have knocked the focus to MF - doh! Still some reasonable video towards the end and loved using the tele-ex mode!

5. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome andrew from Holland !

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on that GH2 and for finding your way here! We're developing quite nice Video forum, if that's one of your interests with this camera.:biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.