1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from the UK

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by R0B, Nov 28, 2010.

1. R0B

R0B New to Mu-43

Nov 28, 2010
    Great idea about a dedicated MU 4/3s site Amin.

I have made my mind up that this is the system for me and am in the process of selling my Olympus E3 and lenses etc.

Next decision is .......GF1 or EP2 ?

It's a great choice to have!

I look forward to being part of, and hopefully contributing to, your forum

Regards

Rob

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Hi Rob and welcome to to the best and friendliest forum on the internet. Interestingly I once owned the E-3 and as much as I loved it...I hated it because of the weight and now I have the E-p2 and all the gear that goes with it. I am sure that you will like it...yes it is designed more like a rangefinder 35mm rather that the DSLR but you get used to it and it is compact....I have the Henley bag and it holds everything...including my tiny tripod!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. R0B

R0B New to Mu-43

Nov 28, 2010
    Many thanks for the welcome Bill.

I agree with you over the E3 - fantastic camera etc but I just did not take it out due to size and weight etc, especially when coupled with the 50-200!

I'm really looking forward to going out with a camera in my pocket and just taking pictures again.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome Rob and hello from Edinburgh. You will love m43. Either of the cameras you mention will do a great job. You'll love working with legacy lenses if you get into that.

All the best,

Colin

5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Rob - I too came from an E-3 but prefer my GH1 to my E-P2 which I will probably sell.

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Rob, a belated welcome and thank you for your introduction.

Decisions, decisions... Plusses to both cameras, so take your time. The This and That forum is a great place to post a thread asking for feedback on both cameras, or you can delve into the Panasonic and Olympus forums for posts specific to each.

I look forward to your involvement - and your ultimate decision.:thumbup: