Hello from the UK

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Pepperami, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Pepperami

Pepperami New to Mu-43

Feb 18, 2014
    New member poppin in and saying "Hello" to one and all :)

I have just purchased my Panasonic LX7, and was googling as you do, and found this forums :)

New to Photography completely this is my first Digital camera of any value or substance (there's a point for debate straight away I am sure lol) , nearly 50 years old, so, lets see if you can teach an old dog new tricks :)

2. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
  3. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan

Welcome aboard!

Never too old to start having fun.

4. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    51 here Chris. Picked up digital cameras after a long time since giving up film photography.

All I really need to do is get to know my equipment.

Welcome and don't hesitate to ask questions - I've been helped a lot by simply reading and asking. :thumbup:
  5. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    N Essex, UK
    Welcome to the forum, there's a wealth of information/inspiration here (as well as quite a bit of temptation). More UK members are always welcome, - it helps spread the posts out, and it might give the chance for a few face to face meet ups.
    BTW I turned 50 less than a month ago, and although I've been doing photography for years I'm still learning new tricks.
  6. Dewi

Dewi Mu-43 Regular

Jan 11, 2014
    Lancashire, England
    Hi Pep (you don't mind ne calling you Pep do you? :smile:) welcome from another Brit - Lancasheer lad here. I only signed up here myself a month or so ago after going Micro 4/3rds with my olympus E-PL5 which I love to bits. I've still got all my DSLR gear though.

It's good little forum with some very helpful folk on tap to answer your questions, (and to turn you on to buying legacy lenses) so have a look around and let's see some photos you've taken on your LX7.

7. dogs100

dogs100 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 12, 2011
    N Devon UK
    You are just a child ...

Welcome! Where in the UK are you?

8. WasOM3user

WasOM3user Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancashire, UK
    We need more UK members so welcome!!!!