Hello from the UK

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by mrhoddy, Aug 18, 2012.

1. mrhoddy

mrhoddy New to Mu-43

Aug 17, 2012
    Big hello from the UK - have just taken a dive into m43 after finding this site and reading around it on other forums. Great site, good info, friendly and some great pics - well done to all!!

To cut a long story short, I've been leaving my kit behind of late , down to having to juggle the 40d and kids - with constant lugging etc not worth it. Thought about m43 so that I could get back out there again without the lugging barriers to hopefully inspire me to get back to taking pics frequently, not a magic bullet by any means but it might mean I have the camera out more. Have not sold up fully yet but got a deal on a used Oly E-PL2 with kit lens which after trawling loads of sites to find a cost compromise type starter kit.

I initially said I couldn't live without VF but the plan is to maybe upgrade in a few months and give her indoors this to use - Im loving the OMD ive got to say as had a go on one in a shop and it felt nice, took me back to school using a OM10!! First impressions of the E-PL2 buttons and single dial = different to what I'm used to obviously, kit lens is a kit lens, IQ seems pretty good - Ive got to be honest I reckon it could give the 40d a run for its money in terms of IQ

As I managed to grab a used Oly, I managed to also sneak a P25 into the bag which Im going to get to grips with as soon as a memory card arrives.

Bye for now!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. hanzo

hanzo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    Chan
    Hi there, can't wait to see your pictures :)

3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome to the forum!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.