Hello from the Texas Hill Country

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by OldRadioGuy, Nov 12, 2012.

1. OldRadioGuy

OldRadioGuy Enthusiast Amateur

Nov 11, 2012
    Austin, Texas USA
    Bob
    After much research, I have just taken the plunge into m4/3, ordering an Oly OM-D E-M5 with M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm kit lens and the Lumix G 20mm F1.7. I'm sure more lenses will follow.

All my four-thirds gear will be on eBay soon.

I use DxO as my primary RAW developer, do most editing in Sagelight with PhotoLine for any required layer/action work. I use ACDSee 6 as a digital asset manager.

My interest in photography began back in the '70s when I acquired an Oly OM-2, later an OM-4. When digital arrived, I tried a couple of point-and-shoots before adopting Olympus Evolts -- E-420 and E-620.

Since my retirement from a career in broadcast news and education, I've been devoting a lot more time to my photography hobby, including experimenting with HDR.

Thanks for this forum -- a real help to those of us just beginning to use m4/3.

Bob

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Welcome aboard Bob!

Lotsa nice folks and good photographers on this forum (and then...there's me :biggrin:).

Regards,

Jim

3. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the user group, Bob. Love your avatar! :biggrin:

4. Yorick43

Yorick43 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2012
    Lake District, UK
    Yorick
    Welcome to the forum!
    Please tell me all about the E-M5 since I need to convince myself to buy one instead of a E-PL5 or E-P3! :biggrin:

5. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

WELCOME

Aren't you actually on the 'edge' of the Texas Hill country though? We up here on the escarpment like to be factual. :biggrin:

Just messin with ya. Glad to have another Texian around. :2thumbs:

6. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Ahoy Bob, welcome aboard. You're off to a very good start with your initial purchase. And please be factual, you don't want to offend any escarpment folks.

Gary

7. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    I'm just a wee bit south of ya' :cool:

8. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    wooo more austinites!

9. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Welcome aboard. Love the Austin area. My wife and I visited last year and did some dancin' at the "Broken Spoke"...nuff said!

10. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Takis
    Welcome to the forum!

11. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome , glad to have you with us!