Hello From The Road

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by MI_Gal, Oct 12, 2012.

1. MI_Gal

MI_Gal New to Mu-43

Oct 5, 2012
    out of a roller board
    Erin
    New to this forum!

As from the title, I travel for work. I have a roller board, "brain bag", and my camera bag (sometimes). The weight of hauling anything but a 4/3 camera on a 2 day trip to a 12 day trip didn't make any sense!

I started using 4/3 by chance and have been quite happy with the E520! I bought the camera new a few years ago and have taken some great pictures (and some that were horrible). Lighting is just so complicated!

I've tried to take classes in Chicago & Michigan, but the instructors have never seen an Olympus 4/3 or have been Nikon/Cannon snobs.

I'm getting ready for an international trip that is VACATION and I hope to take some spectacular photographs. Stumbled upon this site and have been using it to help improve my skills.

Now, if there are any E520 experts around.......

2. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    Welcome aboard.

Mostly Micro Four Thirds users here, but theres plenty of genuinely friendly and helpful people familiar with photography in all its many flavours and formats too.

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I'm very familiar with the E-520 and other E-System DSLRs...

However, you should know that this forum is geared towards MICRO Four-Thirds, not Four-Thirds. Of course there are users such as myself who shot Four-Thirds before adopting Micro Four-Thirds (or even after), but that's probably the exception more than the rule. As you have yourself discovered, the Four-Thirds format was not very well known. I loved it personally, and still use many wonderful Four-Thirds lenses on my Micro Four-Thirds bodies.

There are a number of forums though which are dedicated to the Four-Thirds format itself, such as FourThirds Photo.com or FourThirds-User.com, both of which I was a member of before the :43: format or mu-43.com existed.

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome to the forum! In the end, photography is still photography whether you use 4/3 or :43:. Still lots of things you can learn here. :biggrin: