Hello from the Red Sea

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Terry King, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Hi Everyone, I'm living at a big new University here on the Red Sea in Saudi Arabia (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology) but home is Vermont USA. What a contrast, in multiple channels!

This seems like a great group with lots of friendly experts, and activity. Glad I found you all.

I recently helped start a Photography Group here at KAUST (RedSeaPhoto.Info) and we are planning to buy a representative set of cameras of a wide range of prices/types for the Group, so members can try out a variety of cameras for a few days to decide what level they want. The 4/3 system now places cameras like the Lumix GH1 etc. in a price range where many more people can afford a true DSLR. Any comments of suggestions on this type of Club activity would be appreciated.

I am doing pro stuff for the University magazine etc.. I plan to have club members 'shadow' more pro shooters on some assignments, to see the process and decision-making. Any suggestions on this or similar approaches appreciated. I feel that photography is best learned with a live camera in your hand and a real subject.

So, I'm glad to find this group! My background is Engineering, Electronics, Broadcast, Audio, Software .. let me know if I can help answer stuff like that.

Regards, Terry King ..On the Red Sea at KAUST.edu.sa
  2. Blu-by-u

Blu-by-u Mu-43 Regular

Aug 16, 2010
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Hi there.

a warm welcome to this friendly forum.
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Terry - your experience will be valuable here.
  4. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello Terry, welcome here !
  5. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany