1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Hello from the Red Sea

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Terry King, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Hi Everyone, I'm living at a big new University here on the Red Sea in Saudi Arabia (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology) but home is Vermont USA. What a contrast, in multiple channels!

This seems like a great group with lots of friendly experts, and activity. Glad I found you all.

I recently helped start a Photography Group here at KAUST (RedSeaPhoto.Info) and we are planning to buy a representative set of cameras of a wide range of prices/types for the Group, so members can try out a variety of cameras for a few days to decide what level they want. The 4/3 system now places cameras like the Lumix GH1 etc. in a price range where many more people can afford a true DSLR. Any comments of suggestions on this type of Club activity would be appreciated.

I am doing pro stuff for the University magazine etc.. I plan to have club members 'shadow' more pro shooters on some assignments, to see the process and decision-making. Any suggestions on this or similar approaches appreciated. I feel that photography is best learned with a live camera in your hand and a real subject.

So, I'm glad to find this group! My background is Engineering, Electronics, Broadcast, Audio, Software .. let me know if I can help answer stuff like that.

Regards, Terry King ..On the Red Sea at KAUST.edu.sa
    terry@terryking.us

2. Blu-by-u

Blu-by-u Mu-43 Regular

Aug 16, 2010
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Hi there.

a warm welcome to this friendly forum.

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Terry - your experience will be valuable here.

4. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello Terry, welcome here !

5. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!