Hello from the Midlands, UK

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Siejones, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Siejones

Siejones Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 25, 2010
    Hi everyone,

I have had my G1 several months now and have just brought the new iddy biddy olympus 9-18mm (after waiting for the horrendous price to drop a bit).

A long time veteran of digital photography. My first digi cam was 0.6mp which state of the art at the time. Since then I though many compact and DSLR's and many lenses from short to long. Now see's my venture into all things m4/3rd's to see how it pans out for me :)

Mainly a landscape photograper I am usually found wondering or wild camping in the mountains of the national parks. Until now along with a tent and camping gear I have humped up the hills over 4kg of photography gear and that's not including any long focal length lenses. Now with m4/3rd's I can include a 35mm equivilant of 18 to 400mm over 3 lenses in less than half the weight. But will the IQ be good enough to keep me from straying back to my old trusty 5D? We will see ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome here !
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Siejones, thanks so much for your introduction and welcome. Love your description of yourself wandering the land with your load of cameras, now lessened with your G1.:wink:

I look forward to seeing some of your photographs soon and hope you'll continue to be very happy with this camera and your lenses.
  4. Siejones

Siejones Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 25, 2010
    Thanks guys will post some images soon.
  5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Siejones.