Hello from the GTA, Ontario, Canada!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by MitchHamilton, Feb 16, 2010.

1. MitchHamilton

MitchHamilton Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2010
    Banff, Alberta, Canada
    Hi there,

I recently read a post by Brian Mosley on GETDPI.com about this great forum starting up for m4/3 enthusiasts and here I am.

I have a Canon 20d at the moment with an assortment of lenses ranging from the Canon 50mm 1.8II to old Nikkor glass and even a Mir 1-B 37mm that I'm rather fond of.

Looking to buy a EP1 with some lens adapters to get me started. If you're selling an EP1 feel free to contact me.

Thanks everyone,

Mitch

• Like Like x 8
  2. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    [​IMG]

post some shots of & from your Mir.... :)

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Welcome aboard Mitch! Be sure to check out the Member's Buy, Sell & Trade forum - https://www.mu-43.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17 - you never know what you'll find there. You might even want to start a thread asking for what you want.

4. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

5. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    wellcome Mitch

I hope you feel good here. I bought my ep1 2 months ago and now I usually shoot with my om lenses via an inexpensive chineese adapter. Try as soon as posible is really fun :smile:

6. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Hi Mitch,

Welcome to the site - interesting opening gambit.........trying to get those EP1 owners to sell their babies to you!

That's why I got the GF1, no-one would sell their EP's

Ian

7. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Welcome to the home of m4/3rds Mitch :friends:,

good luck tracking down a bargain E-P1... it's a classic camera - hope you'll stick around and share the joy of shooting with one in due course!

Cheers

Brian

8. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Hello Mitch

I would strongly suggest the E-P2 with the EVF...it is much better than the E-P1 which I had, sold it and got the "2".

9. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Hi...from a fellow GTA-er.

What's this thing about wanting an EP1? Haven't you heard about the GF1?

Kidding. Prices of new EP1's aren't bad, although if I were so inclined it would be EP2 for me.

10. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Mitch to this great m43 community.

Kind regards, Herman

11. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

just as an aside Herman, I will be in Amsterdam in May for 3 1/2 days. Hope the weather is good!!

12. MitchHamilton

MitchHamilton Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2010
    Banff, Alberta, Canada
    Wow what a response!

Thank you all for welcoming me to the community, I see myself spending many nights discussing the passion that is photography.

I think the EPL1 might be a great intro-m43 camera for me, if I can't get an EP1 on the cheap.

I'll definitely have to post some shots of/with my Mir on my trusty 20d and do the same when I get my first m43 camera. I can't wait.

Once again, thank you all, we're going to have a great time here.