1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Hello from the GTA, Ontario, Canada!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by MitchHamilton, Feb 16, 2010.

1. MitchHamilton

MitchHamilton Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2010
    Banff, Alberta, Canada
    Hi there,

I recently read a post by Brian Mosley on GETDPI.com about this great forum starting up for m4/3 enthusiasts and here I am.

I have a Canon 20d at the moment with an assortment of lenses ranging from the Canon 50mm 1.8II to old Nikkor glass and even a Mir 1-B 37mm that I'm rather fond of.

Looking to buy a EP1 with some lens adapters to get me started. If you're selling an EP1 feel free to contact me.

Thanks everyone,

Mitch

• Like Like x 4
  2. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    mu-10-sm.

post some shots of & from your Mir.... :)

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome aboard Mitch! Be sure to check out the Member's Buy, Sell & Trade forum - https://www.mu-43.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17 - you never know what you'll find there. You might even want to start a thread asking for what you want.

4. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Welcome Mitch!

5. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    wellcome Mitch

I hope you feel good here. I bought my ep1 2 months ago and now I usually shoot with my om lenses via an inexpensive chineese adapter. Try as soon as posible is really fun :smile:

6. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Hi Mitch,

Welcome to the site - interesting opening gambit.........trying to get those EP1 owners to sell their babies to you!

That's why I got the GF1, no-one would sell their EP's

Ian

7. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Welcome to the home of m4/3rds Mitch :friends:,

good luck tracking down a bargain E-P1... it's a classic camera - hope you'll stick around and share the joy of shooting with one in due course!

Cheers

Brian

8. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Hello Mitch

I would strongly suggest the E-P2 with the EVF...it is much better than the E-P1 which I had, sold it and got the "2".

9. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Hi...from a fellow GTA-er.

What's this thing about wanting an EP1? Haven't you heard about the GF1?

Kidding. Prices of new EP1's aren't bad, although if I were so inclined it would be EP2 for me.

10. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Mitch to this great m43 community.

Kind regards, Herman

11. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

just as an aside Herman, I will be in Amsterdam in May for 3 1/2 days. Hope the weather is good!!

12. MitchHamilton

MitchHamilton Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2010
    Banff, Alberta, Canada
    Wow what a response!

Thank you all for welcoming me to the community, I see myself spending many nights discussing the passion that is photography.

I think the EPL1 might be a great intro-m43 camera for me, if I can't get an EP1 on the cheap.

I'll definitely have to post some shots of/with my Mir on my trusty 20d and do the same when I get my first m43 camera. I can't wait.

Once again, thank you all, we're going to have a great time here.