Hello from the Great Northwest!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Jennkaotic, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Jennkaotic

Jennkaotic Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 22, 2012
    Hello,

My name is Jennifer and I am living in Portland, Or. I recently purchased a E-PL1 and am LOVING it. I used to shoot film "back in the day" but gave that all up when I bought my first digital camera. It was an Olympus, the first 1 megapixel camera. It was a big deal back then a camera that had more than 1 million pixels and a 3x zoom to boot. Cost me $800. Since then I have owned a series of compact "prosumer" point and shoots. Some with good quality. I have been wanting to get back to being more serious about my photography but couldn't bear the thought of dragging around a full SLR.

I love the micro 4/4 format and am loving having the flexibility of multiple lenses. Photography has changed since the last time I was really serious. The amount of information out there is AWESOME (especially on forums like this). I think I have learned more about photography in 6 weeks than I learned in 3 years when I was in high school.

I look forward to learning more with everyone and am open to any critiques you might have on my photos. I shoot mostly Macro/Flowers but I am trying to cure myself of this addiction.

You can check out my 365 project Here
    Thanks!

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Welcome to the "sweet spot" of photography with :43:.

Your shots are great. I particularly like the carnival pic and the interesting shot of your speedometer. What lens are you using for your macro work?

3. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Welcome! Another Portlander.

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Jennifer (my daughter's name too!).

5. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Welcome Jennifer.:biggrin:

6. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

WELCOME

We need all the girls we can get. :biggrin:

Love to see some scenics of Portland. :thumbup:

7. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011