Hello from the Great Northwest!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Jennkaotic, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Jennkaotic

Jennkaotic Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 22, 2012
    Hello,

My name is Jennifer and I am living in Portland, Or. I recently purchased a E-PL1 and am LOVING it. I used to shoot film "back in the day" but gave that all up when I bought my first digital camera. It was an Olympus, the first 1 megapixel camera. It was a big deal back then a camera that had more than 1 million pixels and a 3x zoom to boot. Cost me $800. Since then I have owned a series of compact "prosumer" point and shoots. Some with good quality. I have been wanting to get back to being more serious about my photography but couldn't bear the thought of dragging around a full SLR.

I love the micro 4/4 format and am loving having the flexibility of multiple lenses. Photography has changed since the last time I was really serious. The amount of information out there is AWESOME (especially on forums like this). I think I have learned more about photography in 6 weeks than I learned in 3 years when I was in high school.

I look forward to learning more with everyone and am open to any critiques you might have on my photos. I shoot mostly Macro/Flowers but I am trying to cure myself of this addiction.

You can check out my 365 project Here
    Thanks!

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Welcome to the "sweet spot" of photography with :43:.

Your shots are great. I particularly like the carnival pic and the interesting shot of your speedometer. What lens are you using for your macro work?

3. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Welcome! Another Portlander.

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Jennifer (my daughter's name too!).

5. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Welcome Jennifer.:biggrin:

6. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

WELCOME

We need all the girls we can get. :biggrin:

Love to see some scenics of Portland. :thumbup:

7. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.