Hello from the California desert

Weasel_Loader

Mu-43 Regular
Hello everyone. My name is Dan and live out near Edwards AFB, Ca. I love photography and it's my hobby. A little about my past cameras:

-Used a film Nikon SLR till mid 90s.
-Had many different early digital point and shoots through early 2000s.
-Canon Xsi w/kit lens (great little camera).
-Canon 7D w/kit lens and 50mm f/1.2L
-Fujifilm X100 (hated this camera. WAY too slow and sold it within a week)
-Leica IIIf
-Sony NEX-5 (Still have. Wife's camera)
-Currently own Nikon D700 w/24mm f/1.4G, 85mm f/1.4D, 300mm f/4 AF-S.

I love my FF Nikon, but the weight is really a downside for me and one I thought I could live with. The last few weeks had me thinking of ditching FF Nikon and going smaller with good lenses. Thought about springing for Leica M9 and one lens (too limited on style of shooting for me). Fuji X-Pro1 (bad experience with X100). Sony NEX-7 (really liked the features, but don't like the style and lenses).

Now I'm hot on the OM-D. Loved the looks of this since announcement. Worried about smaller 4/3 sensor, but feeling better after seeing examples. My main concern is weight and size. My FF Nikon is just too heavy for travel. Anyway, looking to learn as much as possible now on MFT.

GaryAyala

Mu-43 Legend
Welcome aboard. I just got my hands on an OM-D. I think I will be very happy with the little guy.

Gary

mr_botak

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
David
Hi, welcome. I worried about the sensor size as well, until I got my hands on the camera. A that point I stopped worrying and marvelled at the capability of such a small light camera system. Go for it!

tubedriver

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Shaun
Hi Weasel Loader,

Welcome to :43:.

I am with you. I had until recently a Canon 5D Mk11. A great FF camera, with a few nice L series lenses. It was such a big camera, with big lenses (that I thought I could live with) I just didn't use it after the novelty had worn off. I now have the EM-5, and love it and taking pictures again.

I look forward to hearing from you and seeing some of your work.

Latest threads

Top Bottom