1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from the Arctic

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by 300spartans, May 29, 2013.

1. 300spartans

300spartans New to Mu-43

May 29, 2013
    Hello, this is my first post on the forum.

I have been shooting a Nikon DSLR system for many years until 2011 when I went on a quick trip to Scandanavia. For the first time, my system suddenly felt very heavy to me. Perhaps it's the old age of turning 30!

I was aware of the M4/3 system but was not very familiar with it. I did some reading and left it at that.

Last year in 2012 we had a quick trip to Paris and my Nikon system came with me. I remember making the decision to switch to M4/3 as we spent lots of time walking the streets and the weight was really bothering me.

I came back to Canada and immediately ordered the E-PM1, it also happened to be on sale so I thought this was a good time to try it out. I was quite impressed with the size and quickly followed up with the Panasonic 14mm and Olympus 45mm.

I am a prime lover and exclusively use a 35mm and 85mm on my Nikon. They are now up for sale as I am preparing for a year long backpacking trip and am looking to find that perfect streetshooting prime.

I must say that the E-PM1 with the 14mm has been a perfect fit up here in the Arctic. I wear a very large parka in the extreme cold and the system sits nicely inside next to my body and is quick and small enough to pop out and grab some photos when out on the land.

Looking forward to sharing more as I prepare for my year long adventure.

2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    300Spartans, welcome aboard!

Regards,

Jim

3. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Welcome. I look forward to image postings.

-Chrome