Hello From The Arctic

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Arctic Photog, May 31, 2010.

1. Arctic Photog

Arctic Photog Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2010
    Canada's Arctic
    I've been enjoying everyones posts for a few weeks now awaiting the arrival of my very own EPL1, well it finally arrived last week so I decided to introduce myself. Let me start by saying hello to every one on here, it is a great site to promote the m4/3 system. As for me... well I live in Canada's great Arctic region where it is winter for for about 9 months a year and summer for 3. I hope to be able to share this beautiful land with all of you through my photographs.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Artic Photog, I'm very pleased you've joined the forum and can't wait to see your photographs. I believe you are our first member from the Arctic region, and I'm sure we'll all be ready whenever you are to see your part of our world.

One of my favorite aspects to this forum is the "exposure" one gets to so many different places, people and wildlife, too. Welcome aboard.:biggrin:

And congratulations on that E-PL1, too!:wink:

3. nokiamia

nokiamia Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2010
    Malaysia
    Hi Arctic, welcome. I come from a land where its summer all year long. But its great to have something in common to bring us all talking and discussing --- photography.

Oh, and welcome to the world of micro 4/3! :)

4. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    Welcome aboard!

I lived for a time in Povungnituk as a young man.

You may be our first northerner. As it is this is an honour.

Bokeh Diem

5. Arctic Photog

Arctic Photog Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2010
    Canada's Arctic
    Thanks for the welcomes. Bokeh I live almost straight across the Hudson Bay from POV, I almost moved there when I used to work for the Northwest Company and they tried to trasnfer me.

6. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    possibly the most northernmost poster

welcome!!

7. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome here ! Thanks for joining !

8. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    Did you ever meet Johnny POV? He was the grandaddy of the town... the Inuit leader. When the winter fish and caribou were dropped off out of the backs of Dakotas he was always allowed first pick of the frozen carcasses.

That was a long time ago for me. But I still have mementos, carvings and the greatest of memories. I would love to find a missed friend from there again... Ali Tulugak.

Bokeh D