Hello from Tennessee!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by joerogrz, Apr 24, 2013.

1. joerogrz

joerogrz Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 24, 2013
    Hi everyone! Someone from Flickr recommended I come check out this forum so here I am! I'm new to the micro four thirds systems. I just purchased a Panasonic GX1 a couple of weeks ago with a Sigma 30mm lens and I'm expecting more.

Glad to be here and look forward to learning more and getting to know more people who share in this hobby/profession. I'm not a professional photographer by any means. It's something that I've wanted to do most of my adult life, but have always been in a spot where it wasn't so easy.

A little about me: I'm 37 and work as maintenance at a school for special needs kids. I travel a little bit. I was in the U.S. Navy for four and a half years and spent some time overseas in Sicily and Crete. There are a lot of things I enjoy doing, but right now my loves are my guitar and camera. My fly rod will be one soon when I get some new line for it. I have been suffering from major GAS this year whether it's Guitar Acquisition Syndrome or Gear Acquisition Syndrome. I'm almost certain there is no cure. Perhaps time and lack of money...
  2. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Welcome to the Forum Joe. There are lots of helpful folks here and they are ready to help with any issues that may arise. Interesting that you should mention the other GAS, I used to have that too (guitar-relevant)!
  3. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    oh man
    i wish i had taken a photo of this store window in austin
    it had some crazy cool guitar art!
    i thought "i wish i knew someone REALLY into guitars!"
  4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome to the forum! :smile:
  5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Joe.
  6. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Welcome aboard, Joe!

7. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the forum Joe! I drove through TN last month.... really need to get back down there when spring is fully sprung, a beautiful state. Look forward to seeing some of your images.
  8. noohoggin1

noohoggin1 Instagram: @tomnguyenstudio

May 21, 2012
    Welcome, Joe! I'll be attending an event in Knoxville at the end of May (as a photographer), and will be brining all my gear with me. I'll also be in Pigeon Forge in December for a few days for another event. We're about the same age (I'm 36). Love it in TN, love the people....

9. SeanQ

SeanQ Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 13, 2013
    Bend, OR
    Welcome Joe! You'll find a great community here. Just bought my first m4/3 (OMD) and loving it so far! Own a rental house in Chattanooga, but live out here in the West (Bend, OR). Visited TN last year...great state!
  10. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Welcome Aboard. I'm just across the state line in Huntsville, Alabama.
  11. joerogrz

joerogrz Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 24, 2013
    Thanks everyone! Looking forward to contributing and learning here and getting to know everyone!
  12. rklepper

rklepper Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Welcome to the forums. I love Tennessee. Great place to visit.