Hello from Switzerland

xyzzy

Mu-43 Regular
Hi all,

I currently live in Switzerland and have been photographing for a while. I had a Pentax SLR as a youngster but then moved to rangefinders via a secondhand Leica M3.
After not doing much photo stuff for a couple of years I joined the digital world late by acquiring an again secondhand Epson R-D1 because I wanted to continue to use my Leica-compatible lenses.
A while ago I bit the bullet (before a longish trip abroad) and decided to change systems. The compact and somewhat rangefinderlike handling of the mirrorless mu43 cameras won me over and I bought my first new camera in ages: an Olympus E-P1 set with the 17 and 14-45 lenses, which were quickly followed by an mmf-1 adapter and the 40-150 ft lens (again Olympus).
I am very satisfied with this system although it is much different from what I have been used to - I still need to learn a lot :)

Cheers,
Marcus

Gwendal

Mu-43 Veteran
After not doing much photo stuff for a couple of years I joined the digital world late by acquiring an again secondhand Epson R-D1 because I wanted to continue to use my Leica-compatible lenses.
You probably know it by now, but if you still have those lenses, they give great results on the m43s ! Well worth the investment in the adapter.

xyzzy

Mu-43 Regular
@all: thanks !!!
@BBW: I hadn't really thought about weight that way :) I was always mainly looking for a compact system in size though. APS-size SLRs are way to big IMHO, for the same reason I never skipped the autofocus film SLR era. Big cameras are too often left at home ...
@Gwendal: I still have and use the M3 and R-D1, the lenses will be kept too ... The decision towards m-43 was partly influenced by being able to keep on using them :) A M-adapter is next on my shopping list!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom