Hello from Switzerland

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by xyzzy, Sep 15, 2010.

1. xyzzy

xyzzy Mu-43 Regular

Hi all,

I currently live in Switzerland and have been photographing for a while. I had a Pentax SLR as a youngster but then moved to rangefinders via a secondhand Leica M3.
    After not doing much photo stuff for a couple of years I joined the digital world late by acquiring an again secondhand Epson R-D1 because I wanted to continue to use my Leica-compatible lenses.
    A while ago I bit the bullet (before a longish trip abroad) and decided to change systems. The compact and somewhat rangefinderlike handling of the mirrorless mu43 cameras won me over and I bought my first new camera in ages: an Olympus E-P1 set with the 17 and 14-45 lenses, which were quickly followed by an mmf-1 adapter and the 40-150 ft lens (again Olympus).
    I am very satisfied with this system although it is much different from what I have been used to - I still need to learn a lot :)

Cheers,
    Marcus

• Like Like x 2
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Marcus - you have come to the right place to share and learn.

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Marcus, congratulations on coming over to the "light" side, certainly in terms of weight, and welcome!:biggrin:

4. Gwendal

Gwendal Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    You probably know it by now, but if you still have those lenses, they give great results on the m43s ! Well worth the investment in the adapter.

5. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi Marcus, welcome here !

6. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
  7. xyzzy

xyzzy Mu-43 Regular

@all: thanks !!!
    @BBW: I hadn't really thought about weight that way :) I was always mainly looking for a compact system in size though. APS-size SLRs are way to big IMHO, for the same reason I never skipped the autofocus film SLR era. Big cameras are too often left at home ...
    @Gwendal: I still have and use the M3 and R-D1, the lenses will be kept too ... The decision towards m-43 was partly influenced by being able to keep on using them :) A M-adapter is next on my shopping list!

• Like Like x 2
  8. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Thank you, Marcus, and I look forward to seeing some of your photographs soon.:smile: