1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hello from Sweden

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by sagarmatha, Apr 20, 2010.

1. sagarmatha

sagarmatha New to Mu-43

Apr 20, 2010
    Sweden
    Hello everyone, just found this forum from a link in dpreview. Seems nice. As of myself I only have an FZ50, so far. Doing macro of insects with Raynox lenses and I am also interested in landscape.
    I'm waiting... and waiting for the ultimate gear to arrive. Maybe it will be the G2 or GH2. If not I'll buy a GH1. I think the video function would be very nice both for travel and for macro of insects. Since I'm not a video guy I'm not quite sure of the quality difference between G2 and GH1/GH2. Does it really show on a TV or large computer screen? If not I'll probably settle with a G2. I'm interested in the coming 100-300 mm since that would give me BOTH a good working distance to butterflies and dragonflies AND a good enough magnification.

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Welcome, sagarmatha! I don't think anyone has the details on GH2 yet.

3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome ! Thanks for joining !

4. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi sagarmatha, welcome to the home of m4/3rds... please make yourself at home :friends:

If you have no interest in video, the G1 is a real bargain right now... well worth a look.

Cheers

Brian

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Glad you found your way here, sagarmatha and best wishes on your new camera decisions, too.:smile:

6. Olof

Olof New to Mu-43

Apr 10, 2010
    Hi Sagarmatha!

I'm Swedish but live in Houston. I just recently bought my first non point and shoot camera, an Olympus e-PL1 and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I also just joined this forum. Welcome. :) 

7. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Wellcome Sagarmatha ¡¡¡¡:biggrin:

8. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Hullo, welcome.
    Settle for a used G1 now, something else later...
    I think the G2 is just there for distraction ... until superGF2-EVF comes out ... ? :rolleyes: 

9. sagarmatha

sagarmatha New to Mu-43

Apr 20, 2010
    Sweden
    G1-G2

Well there is no video in G1 so it's not an alternative for me.

10. karlstorck

karlstorck Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 20, 2010
    Linköping, Sweden
    Välkommen. :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.