Hello from Surrey, UK

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by MarcoC, May 21, 2012.

1. MarcoC

MarcoC New to Mu-43

May 21, 2012
    I'm new on here and scoping out this site as a possible alternative to DPR which seems 100% OM-D obsessed right now. I've posted on DPR for many years but am getting a bit fed up with it. Plus I like the breakdown of sub-forums on here meaning I know where to go to get lens talk, Oly or Pannie body talk etc.

I've been a m 4/3 user for 2 years now, running a GH1, G3, E-P2 and GX1 at present alongside my trusty old Sony DSLRs (2 a700s).

I love m 4/3 but am being priced out a bit with the OM-D and the new Pannie 'pro' lenses just about to come out. Still, the GX1 is great and I'm ejoying using it.

Anyone else from Surrey?

Looking forward to talking to you all!

• Like Like x 2
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Marco - you'll find the conversations here less heated than DPR.
  3. Christilou

Christilou Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 25, 2010
    Camberley, Surrey
    Hello, I'm from Surrey :)
  4. CUB

CUB Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 19, 2012
    Welcome from Kent.

I used to live in Camberley, Surrey. Does that count? :smile:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    I've passed through Surrey on the train once or twice.
  6. MarcoC

MarcoC New to Mu-43

May 21, 2012

Yes, why not ! Thanks for the welcome !
  7. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Hi Marco, and welcome.

A couple of bits:

1) Still quite a lot of OMD talk here, too, but also lots of LENS talk (missing a bit from DPR), more pic samples, and some talk about photography in general.

2) It's a bit friendlier over here, though DPR's improved since the (supposedly self-imposed?) banishment of him-who-shall-not-be-named, and his co-hort.

3) Please post some sample shots with the GX1! Not enough going on with that nice little camera.
  8. MarcoC

MarcoC New to Mu-43

May 21, 2012
    Thanks. I will post some GX1 images, sure, no problem. Just been processing a set I shot at Brooklands museum actually (planes and cars) - nothing amazing from an artistic perspective, more of a test of the camera and getting to know the ergonomics exercise, but if people would like to see more GX1 shots I'm happy to oblige.

9. MarcoC

MarcoC New to Mu-43

May 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 1