Hello from Sunny (snowy) Ohio

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by HappyEisentrout, Mar 6, 2011.

1. HappyEisentrout

HappyEisentrout Mu-43 Regular

Mar 6, 2011
    Sandusky, OH
    Hey there. My name is Ryan, I just joined the world of M4/3 and have been loving it so far. This is my first "real" camera. Before this I used bridge cameras.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Helo Ryan,

Welcome aboard! I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay, and gather lots of helpful info too.

Cheers, from New England.
  3. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Welcome, Ryan. I too am from 'snowy Ohio' and also recently got into m43. Good to have you in the community.
  4. cloudcitycollective

cloudcitycollective New to Mu-43

Feb 28, 2011
    I'm from Ohio too, just joined a few days ago..
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to both of you two Ohioans! I have many fond memories of my years living in Ohio - Athens, Malta and Cleveland.

Please make yourselves at home and be sure to post some photographs, if you haven't already.:biggrin:
  6. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Another hello and welcome to you both.
  7. CincinnatiDan

CincinnatiDan Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 9, 2011
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Another Ohioan here. To date I've been pretty much a lurker but I had to say hello when I saw the Ohio post.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BBW

Hi Dan, this introductory thread is certainly turning into a Buckeye welcome! Thanks for adding your name here.:wink:
  9. HappyEisentrout

HappyEisentrout Mu-43 Regular

Mar 6, 2011
    Sandusky, OH
    I have to already say that I feel more welcomed here than I ever have at most other forums, wow. I didn't even think anyone read the introduction forums anymore.

At the current moment I'm rocking an Slate Blue E-PL1 with the standard 14-42mm kit lens, a Minolta 50mm MC Rokkor-PF f1.7, a Minolta 28mm f2.8 (Just got it Friday, so haven't had a chance to really give it a try yet), and a Minolta Celtic 100-200mm f5.6 that I haven't played with at all yet.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. BBW

I'm glad you feel that way, HappyEisentrout. Do you mind if I call you "HappyE" for short?

We were all new here once.:biggrin: I think this forum is a pretty important one because it's the place where we can each learn a bit about each other and our background in photography. Of course we get to know each other within various discussion threads, and by seeing photographs, as well.

Now, I'm going to put in a plug for Alan's thread that is "stuck" at the top of this forum: https://www.mu-43.com/f69/other-side-lens-challenge-8993/:thumbup: