1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from [still] wintry NY!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by drpino, Mar 9, 2013.

1. drpino

drpino New to Mu-43

Feb 28, 2013
    Hi!

I've been lurking for a few weeks having just acquired a Panny G5 -- my first m4/3 kit. Loving it so far and doing my damnedest to resist the gear hoarding :wink:

I used to shoot and develop 35mm B&W years ago then transitioned into a Nikon N90/F90 but never invested in any glass other than the kit lens. The Nikon kit served me well on a few overseas trips but the time, cost and effort involved in film caused me to put my photography hobby on the back burner for a while. I compromised with a couple P&S cameras (Sony Cybershot 4MP and a Canon G9, not a terrible camera given decent light) and my interest continued to wane for a number of reasons. And now my interest is piqued again with a system that is highly capable.

Great community here...much more cordial and mature than some others I've perused that will remain nameless. I'm a mod on another large web forum and know all too well the trials and tribulations of maintaining order and good vibes so kudos to the people behind the scenes and the members, of course.

I've looked at hundreds of your fantastic photos and done a tremendous amount of gear research which has been extremely helpful. Nice to be here and thanks for all the great photos and information. Now I have to get out and shoot! :biggrin:

Cheers,
    Carlo

2. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Welcome! The G5 is an awesome camera, but don't resist the gear hoarding too much. A good lens or two will really bring out what m4/3 is capable of.

3. drpino

drpino New to Mu-43

Feb 28, 2013
    Thanks for the welcome, Vin. I've been admiring many of your photos you've posted.

4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Welcome aboard, Carlo!

Regards,

Jim

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mu-43 App

5. drpino

drpino New to Mu-43

Feb 28, 2013
    Thanks, Jim. :)

I've got a stable of lenses to work with for now but really need to work on post processing skills, of which I have none.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App