Hello from Staffordshire, UK

Porky4

Mu-43 Regular
Hi folks, :smile:

Not absolutely sure why I'm so late joining mu-43 as I know that many people I have "met" from elsewhere are members here, but I'm here now, so all is good! :thumbup:

I have a Panasonic G1 with 14-45 and 45-200 kit lenses, a Raynox DCR-150, a :43: to FD adapter with a number of FD lenses, extension tubes and bellows and a :43: to OM adapter with (at the moment) just one lens. Oh, I've also got a growing number of flashguns of various ages, makes, types and capabilities!

I got my first 35mm SLR camera (a cheap Zenith :eek:) in the 1970's and upgraded to a Canon T70 :2thumbs: with a couple of Tokina lenses 25 years ago, which I've still got. I bought my first digital camera in August of last year (2009) and have been trying to catch up ever since.

I have a preference for table-top photography at the moment although I am sure that will change as the weather improves. I'm also a member of the National Trust, so get free admission to all of those stately homes and gardens we have in abundance in England.

I'm trying to learn the photographic "basics", but it is in my nature to try to run before I can walk, so please bear with me if some of the questions I ask seem a little naive. I am also not in the first flush of youth, so sometimes need a little time to catch on to things. But I will try!

See you good people around!

Paul :cool:

Porky4

Mu-43 Regular
Hi folks, :smile:

Thanks for the welcomes. I don't appear to be able to record a thank you against your individual posts. I'm assuming that's because I'm new and haven't fulfilled my "quota" yet?

Porky4

Mu-43 Regular
Hi BBW,

It was the "Thanks" button. I did earlier read the post you linked to, but I did say that "sometimes I need a little time to catch on to things". :biggrin:

Edit: And there, it has magically appeared!

klythawk

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
John
Heyup Paul, just spotted that you have finally joined. I am certain that you will get very comfy here. :2thumbs:

Cheers, John.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom