Hello from Staffordshire, UK

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Porky4, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Porky4

Porky4 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2010
    Staffordshire, UK
    Hi folks, :smile:

Not absolutely sure why I'm so late joining mu-43 as I know that many people I have "met" from elsewhere are members here, but I'm here now, so all is good! :thumbup:

I have a Panasonic G1 with 14-45 and 45-200 kit lenses, a Raynox DCR-150, a :43: to FD adapter with a number of FD lenses, extension tubes and bellows and a :43: to OM adapter with (at the moment) just one lens. Oh, I've also got a growing number of flashguns of various ages, makes, types and capabilities!

I got my first 35mm SLR camera (a cheap Zenith :eek:) in the 1970's and upgraded to a Canon T70 :2thumbs: with a couple of Tokina lenses 25 years ago, which I've still got. I bought my first digital camera in August of last year (2009) and have been trying to catch up ever since.

I have a preference for table-top photography at the moment although I am sure that will change as the weather improves. I'm also a member of the National Trust, so get free admission to all of those stately homes and gardens we have in abundance in England.

I'm trying to learn the photographic "basics", but it is in my nature to try to run before I can walk, so please bear with me if some of the questions I ask seem a little naive. I am also not in the first flush of youth, so sometimes need a little time to catch on to things. But I will try!

See you good people around!

Paul :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Paul ! You made it to the right place !

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Paul, welcome to mu43.com and I'm very glad you decided to join up! Don't worry about asking naive questions - I do it fairly often myself.:biggrin:

Please make yourself at home!:drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  5. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Porky4

Porky4 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2010
    Staffordshire, UK
    Hi folks, :smile:

Thanks for the welcomes. I don't appear to be able to record a thank you against your individual posts. I'm assuming that's because I'm new and haven't fulfilled my "quota" yet?

7. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

You mean by hitting the Thanks button? Or those little reputation scales?

As for a quota for anything, I think it's 3 posts...the information on that is here: First visit to mu-43.com? Start here! You'll be there shortly.:wink:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Porky4

Porky4 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2010
    Staffordshire, UK
    Hi BBW,

It was the "Thanks" button. I did earlier read the post you linked to, but I did say that "sometimes I need a little time to catch on to things". :biggrin:

Edit: And there, it has magically appeared!

9. klythawk

klythawk Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Nottingham U.K.
    John
    Heyup Paul, just spotted that you have finally joined. I am certain that you will get very comfy here. :2thumbs:

Cheers, John.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Paul, great to see you here... hope you'll stick around :friends:

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Welcome!