Hello from Spain!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Anthon, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Anthon

Anthon Mu-43 Regular

Dec 8, 2012
    Hi, i'm new here :D

Since many years I've been using a Canon DSLR , but I realised that I'm tired to carry around all that weight so I sold it and bought an E-PM1, it's great to put the camera in the jacket pocket when I'm not using it.

I now that it is a low range camera, and it has problems with IBIS (I've it turned off all the time) but it gives me the choice to try the m43 system before spending a lot of money in a high end camera or lenses. I have got used to the LCD screen instead the viewfinder for taking photos very quick so I don't need to buy one. I think that I will buy a E-PL5 in a few months when price drops

I've ordered a 14mm f2.5 and I want to buy the O45 fm1.8 and another prime in the middle of that two, but both PL20 and PL25 doesn't convince me (one is slow and the other is too big) I hope that Olympus makes a 25mm f1.8 pancake, that would be great

Thanks in advantage

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
  2. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Welcome Anthon. Love my PM1 - nice gateway drug to the m43 wonderland :D
  3. fransglans

fransglans Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Hi! Enjoy your new gear! My two cent about the 25 and 20. I just sold the 25 and bought the pana 20. I had my doubts about the af performance of it but I must say that im very happy with it, not that slow as I first thought. And I dont miss the pl25 that much either... (I sold it to fund my second camera body) the size of the 20 is great and the fov is much better for me. (my only lens for my m43 system.)

Skickat från min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk 2
  4. Anthon

Anthon Mu-43 Regular

Dec 8, 2012
    I hope it will be the same thing for me, I've ordered a P20 at a good price

I think that it will be glued to my camera most of the time if AF is not disappointing

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
  5. reapercrew

reapercrew Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 9, 2012
    Niagara Falls Canada

I guess we have the same reason for grabbing the E-PM1
  6. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Welcome to the forum!
  7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome! I had the 20mm and was very happy with it. For me, it was too close to the 14 so I traded it after buying a 25mm. Both are fine lenses.
  8. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Welcome aboard!