Hello from Southern AZ

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by bkn42, Jul 20, 2010.

1. bkn42

bkn42 Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 16, 2010

I just got my E-P2 with the 12-24mm lens a week ago. Have not really had a chance to shoot much with it, yet. Here in Tucson, we have been reaching 105 degrees for highs -- not much fun to do photography (or anything) in this heat!

I've been into photography since a uncle gave me a Miranda SLR when I was in high school in the early eighties. Since then I have mostly used Nikon gear (currently own a F2, a D40 and a D700 bodies and many lenses). I also have (but don't use much anymore) some medium format gear: Mamiya 7II and a Bronica. And, I have a Voigtlander Bessa R3A and a Canon G10. Wow, after listing the cameras I own, I'm starting to think my wife is right: I have too many cameras! (Nah! Not possible!)

Anyway, I wanted something that performed more like an dSLR (the Canon G10 is nice but its still a point-and-shoot) but in a Bessa form factor. The E-P2 seemed like a good option.

I mostly shoot travel pictures and pictures of my 4-year old son. The Nikon D40, with a SB400 flash, is great for kid pictures and pretty good for travel. I still wanted something smaller for travel and more capable then a point-and-shoot (i.e. interchangeable lenses).

So, now I see a serious :43: addiction in my future. I already ordered a Leica M adapter, FL-36R flash and a 20mm F1.7 (I love those fast prime lenses).

To pay for this new addiction, I'll be selling off some of my less used gear. Anyone interested in a Canon G10, Nikon 12-24mm DX lens, or a Mamiya 7II system? They are heading to eBay soon.

Well, I'm hoping to get out and shoot this weekend.

Brian N.

BTW: Love this forum! Lots of great info.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi Brian and welcome here !
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Hello bkn42 AKA Brian and thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself.:smile: If you've been lurking :wink:, you may already have read the sticky threads on the Site Information forum - if not, take a read through. You can certainly post things for sale in the Classifieds section, just check the guidelines first.

I'll be looking forward to seeing some of your E-P2 photos soon.:biggrin:
  4. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hey Giday and welcome to the forum mate.

With that nikon 12-24mm DX lens you have, I was wondering what the f stop was at wide open.
    I've just bought a D90 you see.

5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Brian.
  6. bkn42

bkn42 Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 16, 2010

The lens is the AF-S 12-24mm f/4 G IF-ED.

7. bkn42

bkn42 Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 16, 2010
    Well, I'm bummed! :frown:

My new FL-36R flash and 20mm f1.7 lens are due to arrive today. I checked the tracking number on UPS.com this morning and my heart sank when I saw the dredged status of: "Exception"!!! The package got to Phoenix last night but then some how it got routed to sunny Punta Gorda, FL! It won't be delivered to me until Monday (a four day delay).

So, I paid extra for two day delivery and now my new camera gear is on a vacation without me.

Darn, I really was looking forward to using the new lens and flash this weekend.

I'm done ranting -- I feel better, now.

8. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Hang in there Brian!
  9. jeffryscott

jeffryscott Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 2, 2010
    Hey, welcome. I'm in Tucson too with an EP-2 kit.