Hello from south Devon

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by grebeman, Mar 18, 2010.

1. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Hi, having posted a couple of replies to threads I thought I had better introduce myself here. On and off photographer for the last 40 years, re-awakened interest when I was invited onto a natural history photography course in 2001 as a reward for my volunteering efforts on a local nature reserve. The course featured some digital work and my eyes were re-opened using a borrowed Coolpix 800. Went through a Coolpix 880 and then 4500 before finally settling on an Olympus E-1 bought cheaply at the end of their production run.
    Recently obtained a GF-1 with 20mm and 45mm lenses, now have ordered a G-1 body to have the facility of a decent viewfinder for macro work.
    Looking forward to using the GF-1 with the 20 mm lens to replicate happy days spent with my original camera, a Voigtlander Bessa roll film camera taking 8 on 120 roll film.

Barrie

• Like Like x 8
  2. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Barrie ! Nice to have you here !

• Like Like x 2
  4. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Welcome Barrie! Did you keep the lens for your Bessa? Would be perfect for your GF1 now!

• Like Like x 2
  5. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Hi Armanius, the Bessa referred to was a pre WW2 folding roll film camera, so sadly not applicable to the modern era, but built by the true Voigtlander company. Am contemplating getting some modern Voigtlander lenses since I do like the old manual style, even if the f stops for setting DOF have to be converted in ones head for use on :43:

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Welcome to the board, Barrie - very glad you found your way here. Very interesting intro about how you ended up in the digital photo world, too. I hope you'll become involved in many of the discussions.:smile:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Welcome Barrie, make yourself at home :friends:

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 2
  8. NeilP

NeilP New to Mu-43

Mar 19, 2010
    Cornwall, UK
    Hi Barrie from another SW member (Cornwall).

• Like Like x 2
  9. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Wellcome Barrie¬°¬°:smile:

• Like Like x 2