1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hello from south Devon

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by grebeman, Mar 18, 2010.

1. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Hi, having posted a couple of replies to threads I thought I had better introduce myself here. On and off photographer for the last 40 years, re-awakened interest when I was invited onto a natural history photography course in 2001 as a reward for my volunteering efforts on a local nature reserve. The course featured some digital work and my eyes were re-opened using a borrowed Coolpix 800. Went through a Coolpix 880 and then 4500 before finally settling on an Olympus E-1 bought cheaply at the end of their production run.
    Recently obtained a GF-1 with 20mm and 45mm lenses, now have ordered a G-1 body to have the facility of a decent viewfinder for macro work.
    Looking forward to using the GF-1 with the 20 mm lens to replicate happy days spent with my original camera, a Voigtlander Bessa roll film camera taking 8 on 120 roll film.

Barrie

• Like Like x 4
  2. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Barrie ! Nice to have you here !

• Like Like x 1
  4. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Welcome Barrie! Did you keep the lens for your Bessa? Would be perfect for your GF1 now!

• Like Like x 1
  5. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Hi Armanius, the Bessa referred to was a pre WW2 folding roll film camera, so sadly not applicable to the modern era, but built by the true Voigtlander company. Am contemplating getting some modern Voigtlander lenses since I do like the old manual style, even if the f stops for setting DOF have to be converted in ones head for use on :43:

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the board, Barrie - very glad you found your way here. Very interesting intro about how you ended up in the digital photo world, too. I hope you'll become involved in many of the discussions.:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Welcome Barrie, make yourself at home :friends:

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  8. NeilP

NeilP New to Mu-43

Mar 19, 2010
    Cornwall, UK
    Hi Barrie from another SW member (Cornwall).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Wellcome Barrie¡¡:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.