1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from South Dakota

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Sue, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Sue

Sue Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 15, 2016
    Anywhere USA
    Sue Conant
    Well, the title is a bit deceiving. South Dakota is our home state but live in a motorhome so we can travel around the US seeing the sights and family. So home is really where we happen to park the RV. Both hubby (Bob) and I (Sue) are what I'd call advanced amateurs in photography and I have done a lot of old photo restorations. We picked up an Olympus E-M1 today with 2 lenses and I've had a few hours to make sense of the new camera. We still have a lot of Nikon gear and will slowly sell some of that but I needed a lighter weight setup due to tendonitis in the elbows. It was getting hard to hold all that heavy Nikon gear. I'm really looking forward to using this new camera. After just a few hours I'm impressed with such a smaller camera.

• Like Like x 2
  2. HeatherWB

HeatherWB Mu-43 Regular

Apr 1, 2013
    N. Central Florida
    Heather
    Hi Sue!
    I'm in the process of switching over to m43 myself. I've just got to get my Pentax gear sold before buying anything. I'm leaning towards the E-M1 too. I also deal with tendinitis in my right hand so I totally understand the weight issue--that's why I'm switching.

Lucky you! I would love to be able to travel around the country like you do. So many photo ops! :)

3. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Welcome. Sounds like a fun way to live. Sometimes I think about giving it all up and living on the road.

4. Sue

Sue Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 15, 2016
    Anywhere USA
    Sue Conant
    Thanks for your welcome notes. Yes, RV'ing is really fun, but not trouble free either. Bouncing one's home on down the road can be a challenge to keep everything working. They do remarkably well under the circumstances. I'm looking forward to more photo ops with the new camera.