1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hello from South Carolina!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Mark Hilliard, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Mark Hilliard

Mark Hilliard Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2010
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Hi all, I am Mark Hilliard and am from Pawleys Island South Carolina. I am retired from Eastman Kodak and run The Lens Work Gallery here. I have been a photographer for 43 years now and professionally doing it for the past 10 years. I do not usually shoot people, rather I concentrate on nature, land & seascapes and nautical. I shoot Canon 1d bodies but recently have acquired 2 PEN bodies along with lenses and accessories. I have had them both converted to Infrared, an E-P1 to 720 nm and an E-PL1 to full spectrum (see blog below for more info). They are great cameras and lenses!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi Mark, welcome here. Is it possible to detect heat loss of buildings using a converterted camera ? (acc to me it an not).

3. Mark Hilliard

Mark Hilliard Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2010
    Pawleys Island, SC
    No, converted cameras are not sensitive above 1100nm. For heat you need a special sensor.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Mark, thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself here.:smile:

You live in a breathtaking area - Pawley's Island! Looking forward to seeing it through your eyes, and I hope you'll post some of your photographs either in the Genre galleries or set up a personal gallery on the site.

5. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.
    Mark, Welcome from Charlotte. Neat thing about this forum is that there are so many different types of photography shot. I shoot mostly people. 50 years as a photographer. 10 years working for a weekly in Pineville,NC.

photosbypike

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.