Hello from South Carolina!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Mark Hilliard, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Mark Hilliard

Mark Hilliard Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2010
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Hi all, I am Mark Hilliard and am from Pawleys Island South Carolina. I am retired from Eastman Kodak and run The Lens Work Gallery here. I have been a photographer for 43 years now and professionally doing it for the past 10 years. I do not usually shoot people, rather I concentrate on nature, land & seascapes and nautical. I shoot Canon 1d bodies but recently have acquired 2 PEN bodies along with lenses and accessories. I have had them both converted to Infrared, an E-P1 to 720 nm and an E-PL1 to full spectrum (see blog below for more info). They are great cameras and lenses!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi Mark, welcome here. Is it possible to detect heat loss of buildings using a converterted camera ? (acc to me it an not).

3. Mark Hilliard

Mark Hilliard Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2010
    Pawleys Island, SC
    No, converted cameras are not sensitive above 1100nm. For heat you need a special sensor.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Mark, thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself here.:smile:

You live in a breathtaking area - Pawley's Island! Looking forward to seeing it through your eyes, and I hope you'll post some of your photographs either in the Genre galleries or set up a personal gallery on the site.

5. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.
    Mark, Welcome from Charlotte. Neat thing about this forum is that there are so many different types of photography shot. I shoot mostly people. 50 years as a photographer. 10 years working for a weekly in Pineville,NC.

photosbypike