Hello from Singapore

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by owen27, Jun 17, 2010.

1. owen27

owen27 Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 17, 2010
    Hi guys,

Am new to this forum. Have always been using fourthirds system.
    Had a Olympus E510 with 2 kit lens and a 30mm lens. Had not been active for pass few years and have been using more of compact cameras.
    Though recently rekindled love for photography as the panasonic GF1 enables me to carry it easily and the beautiful 20mm lens!
    Recently purchased the 45-200mm lens too

Owen

• Like Like x 4
  2. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Goodmorning Owen, welcome here ! The GF1 with 20 mm lens makes a great photographic tool. Do look forward to photos from you.

3. hanzo

hanzo Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Chan
    Hi Owen.. welcome to the forum :drinks:
    I'm from Singapore and a GF1 owner too

4. owen27

owen27 Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 17, 2010
    Hey thanks for the warm welcome. Hi hanzo. I just got the gf1 after a friend showed it to me. Was sold by its size and the f1.7 lens. Decided to get it and play around with it. Recently dug out the Olympus and dusted it off too. Shall go around taking and comparing. Ahaa

5. Letrow

Letrow Mu-43 Regular

Jun 16, 2010
    Netherlands
    Hey Owen, good to have you on board. Very interested in your experience with the GF1 in combination with the 20mm lens. Advantages/disadvantages, whatever. It is the one combination that I would be interested in for use besides the other equipment.

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Welcome aboard Owen - it seems as though you've already found yourself at home. Glad to have you here.:biggrin:

7. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Owen. I have a grandson by that name.

8. owen27

owen27 Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 17, 2010
    Thanks for the welcome ppl!
    As for the combo gf1 and 20mm lens I would say it is a very versatile lens and really get the creativity out of me. Haha. Makes me move around to find more shots and play around with the shot. And best of all it is small enough to carry around with u wherever u go so u can take shots everywhere. Rather than bring along an slr. If ure photographing an event u could actually use this and ur slr with a zoom. So u need not change lenses or bring 2 slr to the event. I would say that the gf1 and the 20mm lens have brought me lotsa joy in photography. Of course being less than 2 weeks of having the camera. Will upload some amateurish shots of it once I convert it to jpeg. Am taking with raw though I dun normally post process. Ahaha.