Hello from Singapore

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by akkers, May 25, 2012.

1. akkers

akkers Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    Hey guys!
    I have been following this site and forum in particular with great interest for the last few weeks. Though technically i m not a m43 user as yet, i have no doubt i will convert soon!
    Using a canon 450d at the moment and realized on my last holiday that it was just too large to lug around (can only imagine what a large body canon user feels like).
    The OM-D was what got me interested in the format to be honest, as it reminded me of my first camera which i inherited from my father - an OM 1!!
    I tested the OM- D a few weeks ago and loved it. However i m unsure whether i should shell out the cash for a new camera when i could very easily pick up a slightly used GX1 and start collecting good lens first and after a year or so purchase the next iteration of the om-d when it releases.

Anyhow, reading all your posts is helping me decide albeit slowly...:)

• Like Like x 2
  2. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

I'm sure the GX1 would be a great camera for you. I'm an Oly fanboy however and don't switch hit. :biggrin:

Show us some images of Singapore. Such an amazing country and fantastic architecture. :2thumbs:
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Welcome, Akshay! Glad you're finding the forum helpful. I think you can't go wrong between those two cameras.
  4. akkers

akkers Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012

Finally,i am an official member of the m43 club!
    I bought the GX1 with 14-45. I figured since the 14-45 is a decent quality kit zoom, i should use that initially and figure out what focal length i use the most and then get a faster prime if required.
    Will post photos soon.

• Like Like x 1
  5. slith

slith Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2012
    Dublin, Ireland
    Welcome to the forum. It is a great place for advice!

Here is mine, if you are considering a slightly used GX1, for the purpose of saving cash (and redirecting it to purchasing glass) why not an older-than-GX1 body?

Mind you, I bought myself a brand new GX1, and I'm absolutely delighted with it, but if saving cash is the idea...
  6. akkers

akkers Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    Hi slith, i was greedy as i wanted the image quality of the new 16 mp sensor with the lower cost compared to my ideal cam the OM-D.:)

I actually ended up purchasing a new GX1 as after all the rebates etc it worked out slightly more expensve than a used body.

Now to test it out and most importantly take decent pictures.
  7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome! The nice thing about :43: is that you can buy some great lenses and keep trading up in bodies - used prices have been very reasonable.