Hello from Singapore

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by akkers, May 25, 2012.

1. akkers

akkers Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    Hey guys!
    I have been following this site and forum in particular with great interest for the last few weeks. Though technically i m not a m43 user as yet, i have no doubt i will convert soon!
    Using a canon 450d at the moment and realized on my last holiday that it was just too large to lug around (can only imagine what a large body canon user feels like).
    The OM-D was what got me interested in the format to be honest, as it reminded me of my first camera which i inherited from my father - an OM 1!!
    I tested the OM- D a few weeks ago and loved it. However i m unsure whether i should shell out the cash for a new camera when i could very easily pick up a slightly used GX1 and start collecting good lens first and after a year or so purchase the next iteration of the om-d when it releases.

Anyhow, reading all your posts is helping me decide albeit slowly...:)

thanks
    Akshay

• Like Like x 2
  2. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

WELCOME

I'm sure the GX1 would be a great camera for you. I'm an Oly fanboy however and don't switch hit. :biggrin:

Show us some images of Singapore. Such an amazing country and fantastic architecture. :2thumbs:

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Welcome, Akshay! Glad you're finding the forum helpful. I think you can't go wrong between those two cameras.

4. akkers

akkers Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    Hi,

Finally,i am an official member of the m43 club!
    I bought the GX1 with 14-45. I figured since the 14-45 is a decent quality kit zoom, i should use that initially and figure out what focal length i use the most and then get a faster prime if required.
    Will post photos soon.

Akshay.

image-1728001677.

• Like Like x 1
  5. slith

slith Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2012
    Dublin, Ireland
    Alfonso
    Welcome to the forum. It is a great place for advice!

Here is mine, if you are considering a slightly used GX1, for the purpose of saving cash (and redirecting it to purchasing glass) why not an older-than-GX1 body?

Mind you, I bought myself a brand new GX1, and I'm absolutely delighted with it, but if saving cash is the idea...

6. akkers

akkers Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    Hi slith, i was greedy as i wanted the image quality of the new 16 mp sensor with the lower cost compared to my ideal cam the OM-D.:)

I actually ended up purchasing a new GX1 as after all the rebates etc it worked out slightly more expensve than a used body.

Now to test it out and most importantly take decent pictures.

7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome! The nice thing about :43: is that you can buy some great lenses and keep trading up in bodies - used prices have been very reasonable.