1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from Sicily

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by JCD, Nov 10, 2010.

1. JCD

JCD Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 10, 2010
    Palermo, Italy
    Hi there, my name is Andrea and I'm from near Rome, but I live in Sicily since about 10 years.

Before "switching" I was a Nikon user (D60/D200 and various lenses) but I needed something more light and usable so, discovering this nice forum and enjoying tons of pics here and on flickr made my decision to sell all Nikon stuff (except an old 50mm E-series f/1.8 and a Cosina 100mm macro) to buy a brand new GF1+20mm (with a 9-18 m.zuiko coming up from Germany).

Hope to have a good time with all of you and sorry, since now, for my bad english (may be this forum could be a good practice :biggrin:).

• Like Like x 5
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Andrea, congratulations upon coming over to the :43: "side" and for becoming a member here, too. We're very glad to have you! Your English is wonderful, while my Italian is nonexistent, so please no need for apologies here in our very global community.

As soon as you have a chance, I hope you'll post some of your photos.:flowers_2:

• Like Like x 1
  3. silverbullet

silverbullet Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 10, 2010
    Hi Andrea, welcome to this very good forum! We are from all over the world and I too have to brush up my rusty English, but as you say: "Tutto aposto" when I'm right.

An old friend of mine bought near Lascari/northcoast in spring a small 'magazzino' together with 60 olive trees. Even we had not the normal house infrastructure as usual it was a very nice week for me (and him).
    He bought not only the house but also a network of very friendly people who are supporting him a lot.

My next visit is planned but I'll wait for electricity, fresh water out of the wall and a closed toilet without the view to the blue sea.....:rofl:

Here some snaps from Cefalu and other places in the near surrounding of his place:

Colours of Sicily - a set on Flickr

• Like Like x 1
  4. JCD

JCD Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 10, 2010
    Palermo, Italy
    thanks to both of you, as soon as possible I'll post some shots taken with my GF1 (now I'm still at work....); as you said, the greater resource of this forum is to be a very "global community" and it's pretty nice to share pics from every angle of the earth

@silverbullet: I live in Palermo and I know Cefalรน very well; last time I went there it was last september.... may be next time we could meet :)

@BBW: I hope some day to visit New York, probably one of the most "photogenic" city in the world

• Like Like x 2
  5. joanne

joanne Mu-43 Regular

Nov 5, 2010
    cumbria uk
    Hi Andrea, looking forward to seeing some photos of your local area :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  6. JCD

JCD Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 10, 2010
    Palermo, Italy
    here it is the first one, later i'd like to share some portraits of my son (my favourite kind of photos, with macros)

Pana GF1+20mm pancake

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome Andrea from Holland !

• Like Like x 1
  8. JCD

JCD Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 10, 2010
    Palermo, Italy
    thanks to joanne and Herman too :)

9. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Those colorful clothes create a great counterpoint to the sky and heaviness of that beautiful concert hall!

• Like Like x 1
  10. JCD

JCD Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 10, 2010
    Palermo, Italy
    thanks BBW :smile:

11. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome Andrea, and hello from Scotland :smile:

12. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome from Australia - would love to visit your country with a camera.

13. JCD

JCD Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 10, 2010
    Palermo, Italy
    Hi Fiddler, I love Scotland and one of my favorite band of all the time was from your country: maybe do you know Simple Minds? :cool:

14. JCD

JCD Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 10, 2010
    Palermo, Italy
    Hello bilzmale and thanks to you too :smile: