Hello from Seattle, WA

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by joysmahal, Apr 11, 2012.

1. joysmahal

joysmahal Mu-43 Regular

Nov 21, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Hi all! This is the 1st time I've done an introduction in an online forum. Mike here from Seattle, WA. I've owned a GF3 since November 2011. Initially, it was for my wife so that she could take better quality pics (compared vs. a P&S) of me and the family, we have two young boys. I own a 5DII with some decent glass: 35 1.4L, Σ50 1.4, 85 1.8, 70-200mm 2.8 IS II; but I was never in any pictures because my wife had no desire to learn how to use the DSLR.

I've come to fall in love more than I could have imagined with the MFT system. When matched with good glass it can take excellent photos comparable to a DSLR. Our first MFT lens was the 20 1.7, then we bought the O 45 1.8, and upgraded our 20 1.7 to the PL 25 1.4. I also bought a cheap 14mm from eBay. MFT is lightweight, lenses in general are cheaper than DSLRs, and the GF3 is pocketable in a jacket pocket even with the 45mm/25mm prime (no hoods). Although the image quality might not be up to FF level (DOF separation or bokeh), it should be more than sufficient for the majority of users out there.

I also placed a pre-order for the OM-D E-M5 (upgrading the GF3) and find myself using the 5DII even less and less. In fact, I sold my 24-70mm 2.8L to fund the OM-D purchase. That lens is pretty big (aka "The Brick") and you always get comments from people like, "woah that's a big lens!" or people think it's a long zoom. Wait till they see the 70-200mm lens. LOL.

Sorry for the long intro post. I know I like to ramble... Below are some pics from my GF3

PL 25mm 1.4
    DaddyAndJayden%20(476x640).

O 45mm 1.8
    MommyKissingJayden%20(480x640).

O 45mm 1.8
    gf3_olympus45mm_1.

2. bluebubbleboy

bluebubbleboy Mu-43 Regular

Aug 12, 2011
    Colorado
    Welcome and great photos! I enjoyed reading your "long intro". :wink: I enjoy reading why people come to the m4/3 system, and you've stated some great reasons.

• Like Like x 1
  3. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome the the user group! I enjoyed reading your background and reasoning for adding m4/3 to your kit. :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1