Hello from Savannah, GA

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by skywarrior, Jan 25, 2012.

1. skywarrior

skywarrior New to Mu-43

Jan 25, 2012
    Savannah, GA
    New Oly e-p2 here. Still have my Nikon gear. I'm trying to decide whether to take the big camera or the little camera to Europe this fall. I need to spend some quality time with the Oly in a tourist-like shooting session before I make the decision.

2. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hey Mate, welcome to the forum. You will love having the camera with you when in Europe. I was over there just last year and I took my D90 as well but it only got used twice. Just way to heavy to carry around, especially when walking (which you do a lot of over there). GF1 worked a treat and all i took was the 20mm lens. Awesome combination but the only thing i would change next time would be also to take a 14mm lens because I reckon the 20mm was a bit long in the majority of places. It's hard to believe, but most of the stuff you see is pretty much right up close.

Here are the two threads I made up when I came back from my Holiday

https://www.mu-43.com/f57/im-back-along-pictures-europe-pt-1-amsterdam-munich-17689/

https://www.mu-43.com/f57/im-back-along-pictures-europe-pt-2-venice-london-17693/

Have a look at them and you can judge for yourself if you think m43 does a good enough job.

have fun,
    icon

• Like Like x 1
  3. skywarrior

skywarrior New to Mu-43

Jan 25, 2012
    Savannah, GA
    Great stuff Icon. Thanks for the welcome. I was in Italy in 2010 with my son's D90 and came back with some pretty good stuff, I think. For this trip, there are only a few I would want to reshoot, plus we're going to Sorrento/Amalfi/Pompeii, which we didn't do in 2010. AND, we're going to Paris and doing a river cruise to Normandy after Italy. I feel like the D700 would be wonderful for Paris (at night plus in the cathedrals). Currently I only have the Panny 14-45, but plan on getting the 20 prime. I would love the size of this kit, but just don't know if I would regret not taking the D700. Decisions, decisions.

Rich