1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hello from Savannah, GA

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by skywarrior, Jan 25, 2012.

1. skywarrior

skywarrior New to Mu-43

Jan 25, 2012
    Savannah, GA
    New Oly e-p2 here. Still have my Nikon gear. I'm trying to decide whether to take the big camera or the little camera to Europe this fall. I need to spend some quality time with the Oly in a tourist-like shooting session before I make the decision.

2. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hey Mate, welcome to the forum. You will love having the camera with you when in Europe. I was over there just last year and I took my D90 as well but it only got used twice. Just way to heavy to carry around, especially when walking (which you do a lot of over there). GF1 worked a treat and all i took was the 20mm lens. Awesome combination but the only thing i would change next time would be also to take a 14mm lens because I reckon the 20mm was a bit long in the majority of places. It's hard to believe, but most of the stuff you see is pretty much right up close.

Here are the two threads I made up when I came back from my Holiday

https://www.mu-43.com/f57/im-back-along-pictures-europe-pt-1-amsterdam-munich-17689/

https://www.mu-43.com/f57/im-back-along-pictures-europe-pt-2-venice-london-17693/

Have a look at them and you can judge for yourself if you think m43 does a good enough job.

have fun,
    icon

• Like Like x 1
  3. skywarrior

skywarrior New to Mu-43

Jan 25, 2012
    Savannah, GA
    Great stuff Icon. Thanks for the welcome. I was in Italy in 2010 with my son's D90 and came back with some pretty good stuff, I think. For this trip, there are only a few I would want to reshoot, plus we're going to Sorrento/Amalfi/Pompeii, which we didn't do in 2010. AND, we're going to Paris and doing a river cruise to Normandy after Italy. I feel like the D700 would be wonderful for Paris (at night plus in the cathedrals). Currently I only have the Panny 14-45, but plan on getting the 20 prime. I would love the size of this kit, but just don't know if I would regret not taking the D700. Decisions, decisions.

Rich

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.