Hello from San Francisco

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by next61, Apr 22, 2010.

1. next61

next61 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2010
    Lurking for a while but decided to join and introduce myself. My back is killing me with a bag full of Nikon stuff and I am planing an addition to "lighten" the load... maybe, a GF-1?
    Love to read your posts and I learned a lot from your experience.

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Welcome to the forum, and thanks for registering!

3. next61

next61 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2010
    Thank you Amin!!!!

4. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  5. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
  6. digitaldan1

digitaldan1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    Welcome!

I know just how you feel too after shooting for years with Canon pro bodies and L series lenses. (Which I still have btw.)

Bought an E-P2 in December and a GF1 a few months later. Have an assortment of Olympus and Panny lenses and my full camera bag feels like it weighs less than my 1DmkIIn and 70-200 2.8L Canon combo.

Both are great cameras to use (so long as you don't try to shoot sports or birds in flight and expect similar results to the DSLRs).

I probably like the E-P2 better, but not by a lot.

Dan

7. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Glad you de-lurked, next61 and thanks so much for introducing yourself. Looking forward to hearing which camera you end up buying, too.:biggrin:

8. next61

next61 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2010
    Thank you guys! I've looked at E-P1 but I haven't touched the GF-1 yet. It looks like they are pretty much similar (no offense to anyone).
    I love street photography. My D3 stops traffic but when I'm with my M2 and M3, I don't get that "deer in the headlights" look. I want to achieve that with a small digital and still get a decent image; that's why the m4/3 is tempting.
    E-P1 went down in price but GF-1 it's still up there... oh well, I can wait!

9. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    Hi Next61! Welcome! I enjoyed your Flickr Gallery.

10. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome ! Thanks for joining . Have a nice weekend.

11. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer Charter Member

Howdy next61, we're glad you found it here and hope you enjoy yourself. I have the GF1 and love it, they certainly have a nice look about them. I have to confess but when i purchase something 50 percent is based on how it looks and how it performs. But truthfully i can say with the GF1 the performance is 100% and so is the looks. GF= Girlfriend.

icon

12. next61

next61 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2010

Hah, I like that! GF=girlfriend... never thought about that. My wife said the same about my Leica's and Nikon's, and I'm not going to mention that to her!