Hello from San Francisco

next61

Mu-43 Regular
Lurking for a while but decided to join and introduce myself. My back is killing me with a bag full of Nikon stuff and I am planing an addition to "lighten" the load... maybe, a GF-1?
Love to read your posts and I learned a lot from your experience.

digitaldan1

Mu-43 Regular
Welcome!

I know just how you feel too after shooting for years with Canon pro bodies and L series lenses. (Which I still have btw.)

Bought an E-P2 in December and a GF1 a few months later. Have an assortment of Olympus and Panny lenses and my full camera bag feels like it weighs less than my 1DmkIIn and 70-200 2.8L Canon combo.

Both are great cameras to use (so long as you don't try to shoot sports or birds in flight and expect similar results to the DSLRs).

I probably like the E-P2 better, but not by a lot.

Dan

next61

Mu-43 Regular
Thank you guys! I've looked at E-P1 but I haven't touched the GF-1 yet. It looks like they are pretty much similar (no offense to anyone).
I love street photography. My D3 stops traffic but when I'm with my M2 and M3, I don't get that "deer in the headlights" look. I want to achieve that with a small digital and still get a decent image; that's why the m4/3 is tempting.
E-P1 went down in price but GF-1 it's still up there... oh well, I can wait!

Iconindustries

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Howdy next61, we're glad you found it here and hope you enjoy yourself. I have the GF1 and love it, they certainly have a nice look about them. I have to confess but when i purchase something 50 percent is based on how it looks and how it performs. But truthfully i can say with the GF1 the performance is 100% and so is the looks. GF= Girlfriend.

icon

next61

Mu-43 Regular
Howdy next61, we're glad you found it here and hope you enjoy yourself. I have the GF1 and love it, they certainly have a nice look about them. I have to confess but when i purchase something 50 percent is based on how it looks and how it performs. But truthfully i can say with the GF1 the performance is 100% and so is the looks. GF= Girlfriend.

icon

Hah, I like that! GF=girlfriend... never thought about that. My wife said the same about my Leica's and Nikon's, and I'm not going to mention that to her!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom