1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hello from San Francisco

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by next61, Apr 22, 2010.

1. next61

next61 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2010
    Lurking for a while but decided to join and introduce myself. My back is killing me with a bag full of Nikon stuff and I am planing an addition to "lighten" the load... maybe, a GF-1?
    Love to read your posts and I learned a lot from your experience.

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Welcome to the forum, and thanks for registering!

3. next61

next61 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2010
    Thank you Amin!!!!

4. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  5. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

6. digitaldan1

digitaldan1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    Welcome!

I know just how you feel too after shooting for years with Canon pro bodies and L series lenses. (Which I still have btw.)

Bought an E-P2 in December and a GF1 a few months later. Have an assortment of Olympus and Panny lenses and my full camera bag feels like it weighs less than my 1DmkIIn and 70-200 2.8L Canon combo.

Both are great cameras to use (so long as you don't try to shoot sports or birds in flight and expect similar results to the DSLRs).

I probably like the E-P2 better, but not by a lot.

Dan

7. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Glad you de-lurked, next61 and thanks so much for introducing yourself. Looking forward to hearing which camera you end up buying, too.:biggrin:

8. next61

next61 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2010
    Thank you guys! I've looked at E-P1 but I haven't touched the GF-1 yet. It looks like they are pretty much similar (no offense to anyone).
    I love street photography. My D3 stops traffic but when I'm with my M2 and M3, I don't get that "deer in the headlights" look. I want to achieve that with a small digital and still get a decent image; that's why the m4/3 is tempting.
    E-P1 went down in price but GF-1 it's still up there... oh well, I can wait!

9. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    Hi Next61! Welcome! I enjoyed your Flickr Gallery.

10. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome ! Thanks for joining . Have a nice weekend.

11. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Howdy next61, we're glad you found it here and hope you enjoy yourself. I have the GF1 and love it, they certainly have a nice look about them. I have to confess but when i purchase something 50 percent is based on how it looks and how it performs. But truthfully i can say with the GF1 the performance is 100% and so is the looks. GF= Girlfriend.

icon

12. next61

next61 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2010

Hah, I like that! GF=girlfriend... never thought about that. My wife said the same about my Leica's and Nikon's, and I'm not going to mention that to her!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.