Hello from San Francisco!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Mijo, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Mijo

Mijo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 23, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
    Hi, my forum name is Mijo and i've been lurking in this forum for over a year and thought I might as well join. I started photography two decades ago back in jr college, when classes still involved dark rooms and chemicals. I really didn't do anything, in terms of photography, until 2009 when my wife bought a GF1 for her small business (an upgrade from her P&S). I ended up using her GF1 more than her and eventually got my own GF3.

I recently upgraded to the GX1 and gave my GF3 to my wife, I missed the external controls of the GF1 and the GF3 was too uncomfortable in my hands. In terms of lenses we've got; 8mm, 14mm, 20mm, 25mm, 14-42X and the 45mm. I also picked up the LVF for my GX1 and panasonic's leather case.

I'm going to give my father my wife's GF1, 20mm and the 14-45mm manual lens when I visit him next. He really liked that set up and he's only got a P&S
  2. Warren T.

Warren T. Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2010
    San Francisco
    hi Mijo, welcome! I also live in SF. I look forward to seeing more posts from you here, and hopefully some SF pictures too.

3. Mijo

Mijo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 23, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
    Thanks for the welcome reply warren.
  4. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany