Hello from Roswell NM

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by speedandstyle, Nov 29, 2011.

1. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

First off - yes that Roswell , the one with the flying saucers.

I am an avid amateur/semi-pro photographer/videographer. I list myself as semi-pro because I do both at my job but not all the time. I work for a church doing the audio/video for the children's ministry. I have been doing photography since I was a teen and video for about 12 years. I am trained as a graphic artist and well versed with photoshop and illustrator also video editing with final cut.

Currently I have several Nikon cameras and a half dozen lenses{and had others in the past} but I am now shopping for a micro 4/3 camera. I am leaning towards the GH2 for use in photos and video. I found this forum while looking for reviews. It looked like such a good forum that I decided to join.

2. chuckgoolsbee

chuckgoolsbee Mu-43 Regular

Apr 6, 2010
    Bend, Oregon
    Hello and welcome. Small world as I had a college roommate from Roswell. He taught me an appreciation for green chile enchiladas. ;)

3. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Born and raised here but I do not like chiles. Love your pictures of classic cars including the Jag XKSS. I so love the design of that model. My user name is based off my love of fast and well designed cars and motorcycles , although I think it carries over well to photography. I love to go to car shows and shoot , although work has prevented me from doing that for several years. I once had a job shooting video of car show at the local Scion dealership. It was fun but I prefer classics or hotrods over modern Japanese tuners.

4. chuckgoolsbee

chuckgoolsbee Mu-43 Regular

Apr 6, 2010
    Bend, Oregon
    Hard not to love beautiful old cars!