1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Hello from Roswell NM

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by speedandstyle, Nov 29, 2011.

1. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

First off - yes that Roswell , the one with the flying saucers.

I am an avid amateur/semi-pro photographer/videographer. I list myself as semi-pro because I do both at my job but not all the time. I work for a church doing the audio/video for the children's ministry. I have been doing photography since I was a teen and video for about 12 years. I am trained as a graphic artist and well versed with photoshop and illustrator also video editing with final cut.

Currently I have several Nikon cameras and a half dozen lenses{and had others in the past} but I am now shopping for a micro 4/3 camera. I am leaning towards the GH2 for use in photos and video. I found this forum while looking for reviews. It looked like such a good forum that I decided to join.

2. chuckgoolsbee

chuckgoolsbee Mu-43 Regular

Apr 6, 2010
    Bend, Oregon
    Hello and welcome. Small world as I had a college roommate from Roswell. He taught me an appreciation for green chile enchiladas. ;)

3. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Born and raised here but I do not like chiles. Love your pictures of classic cars including the Jag XKSS. I so love the design of that model. My user name is based off my love of fast and well designed cars and motorcycles , although I think it carries over well to photography. I love to go to car shows and shoot , although work has prevented me from doing that for several years. I once had a job shooting video of car show at the local Scion dealership. It was fun but I prefer classics or hotrods over modern Japanese tuners.

4. chuckgoolsbee

chuckgoolsbee Mu-43 Regular

Apr 6, 2010
    Bend, Oregon
    Hard not to love beautiful old cars!