Hello from Romania!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by kytra, Feb 28, 2011.

1. kytra

kytra Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2011
    Hi guys,

I have purchased today my first m4/3 camera, the gorgeous GF1/20mm ;)

Looking forward to share nice images, technical opinions and have lots of fun along with you on the forum.
    • Like Like x 8
  2. uraldog

uraldog Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 4, 2010
    Orlando Florida USA
    Welcome Kytra. I am also fairly new to this board. The Gf-1 20mm combination is quite popular. I love mine. Looking forward to pictures from your country. I really enjoy the diversity of cultures represented on this forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello kytra and welcome to the forum.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. dmc

dmc Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2011
    Welcome. The GF1 is a great camera and the 20mm is a gem. Enjoy.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DjordjeJ

DjordjeJ Mu-43 Regular

Dec 19, 2009
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Welcome to forum. I am Your neighbor from Serbia. I use E-PL1 with Lumix 20 most of the time, and it is great combo. You will enjoy Your combo too. Share some pictures when You can.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. kytra

kytra Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2011
    Thanks guys!

It looks that the m4/3 will be more and more popular ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Plimsol

Plimsol Mu-43 Regular

Mar 29, 2010
    Belgium, Antwerp
    A welcome from Belgium.
  8. Welcoming you from Dallas, Texas, perhaps that should be, "Howdy stranger".

As an aside was surfing the other night and came across this video of a sixteen year old Romanian boy. Amazing talent. [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zx5UxKf0M0&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - Amazing voice.avi[/ame]

LFM, Texas
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

It is amazing that there is so much REAL talent out there that needs to be found and replace a lot of the stuff that we are being fed. Absolutely great voice and I hope that he makes the grade.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. kytra

kytra Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2011
    Yeah, although these contests seem very commercially driven (audience fot the networks) sometimes really talented people are discovered
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Alan_N

Alan_N Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2011
    Yorkshire UK
    Hello from a fellow GF1 and 20mm user lovely camera and lens I am sure you will have fun with it. Look forward to seeing some of your photos. :thumbup:
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Welcome aboard!

Nice to have you here with us.. we look forward to seeing some of your work.

Cheers, from New England

• Like Like x 1
  13. kytra

kytra Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2011
    You seem like a very friendly bunch here, glad to feel that!

I will post here one pic from today - it is a sculpture representing one of Romania's greatest play writers, Ion Luca Caragiale, situated very near to the center of Bucharest. Handheld with the GF1.

Attached Files:

14. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

kytra, a belated welcome from New York, and thank you so much for taking the time to introduce yourself!:biggrin:

You've got yourself a very beloved micro four thirds combination there with the GF1 and that 20mm lens and thanks for sharing your first of many, I hope, photographs here. Be sure to post some on the https://www.mu-43.com/f43/gf1-image-thread-292/ and within the different Photography image forums, as well.:thumbup: