1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from Rhode Island, US

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by brian 1971, Jun 27, 2012.

1. brian 1971

brian 1971 Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 19, 2012
    I've been lurking for a few weeks now and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm an amateur photographer mainly interested in people photography at this point. I used to be more of a landscape photographer but I've started to get away from it. Shooting landscapes requires you to get up early and about a year ago I started one of my other hobbies, running. So I get up and run 4-5 days a week at 5am, so no time for sunrises anymore. I take a lot of photos of my kids but I'm also a big fan of street photography. For whatever reason I tend to process a lot of photos in b&w.

Here's how I ended up shooting micro 4/3s. I went from a Nikon d300 and a bunch of big heavy lenses that I got sick of carrying around to a Sony NEX-5N and a couple of lenses. I got frustrated with the lack of small fast lenses for the Sony NEX system so I sold my gear and bought an OM-D, a 12mm, & a 45mm about a few months ago. I also have a Panasonic 25mm on order at B&H (they told me today it should ship at the end of the week/beginning of next week). I couldn't be happier with the OM-D!:smile:

2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the cult/GAS support group/user forum, Brian! Cool that you are getting along well with the E-M5. Sounds like you will have the holy trinity of primes shortly!

3. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Welcome. I'm a native of Massachusetts, now living in NM, but I spent a year at Brown almost 40 years ago now. I like Rhode Island.

Show us some of your b&w stuff.