Hello from Portland, Oregon!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by John Prutch, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Actually Vancouver, Washington but not many people know where that is :smile:

My wife and I are a professional photography team in the Northwest with 95% of our work is in the Portland area. Mostly weddings with a sprinkle of portraits and schools.

Been using Canon since my first wedding in 1978. 90% of my work now is done on a Canon 5D (Mark I). I just purchased the E-P3 (two of them), my first Olympus :eek:. I have seen some great results from a fellow photographer and fell in love with the camera.

My wedding plan is to introduce it to the getting ready room, pre ceremony candids and reception - places I would like a lighter camera. The first two lens I purchased were the Panasonic 20mm and Olympus 45mm - love them.

My portrait plan is to use them for school picture days and photo booth use and retire the 20D I am using now.

Looks like I have a lot of reading and catching up to do :smile:

2. Aegon

Aegon Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 3, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Hello from the other side of the Columbia river. Welcome.
  3. grantb

grantb Mu-43 Veteran

Greetings from another WA e-p3 user. I hope you love this camera as much as I do!
  4. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
  5. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
  6. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
  7. Thanks all.

I am heading out to SoCal tomorrow morning for a week and have a few sessions lined up. This will be fun, only taking the E-P3 and a 580EXII flash for OCF fill hooked up by a remote trigger. First time my camera gear was lighter than my luggage. :biggrin: I have had it for two weeks now and not much time to play, I think I will know this camera by the end of the trip.