1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from Portland, Oregon!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by John Prutch, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Actually Vancouver, Washington but not many people know where that is :smile:

My wife and I are a professional photography team in the Northwest with 95% of our work is in the Portland area. Mostly weddings with a sprinkle of portraits and schools.

Been using Canon since my first wedding in 1978. 90% of my work now is done on a Canon 5D (Mark I). I just purchased the E-P3 (two of them), my first Olympus :eek:. I have seen some great results from a fellow photographer and fell in love with the camera.

My wedding plan is to introduce it to the getting ready room, pre ceremony candids and reception - places I would like a lighter camera. The first two lens I purchased were the Panasonic 20mm and Olympus 45mm - love them.

My portrait plan is to use them for school picture days and photo booth use and retire the 20D I am using now.

Looks like I have a lot of reading and catching up to do :smile:

JP

2. Aegon

Aegon Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 3, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Hello from the other side of the Columbia river. Welcome.

3. grantb

grantb Mu-43 Veteran

Greetings from another WA e-p3 user. I hope you love this camera as much as I do!

4. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

5. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  6. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Welcome John.

7. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Welcome John!

8. Thanks all.

I am heading out to SoCal tomorrow morning for a week and have a few sessions lined up. This will be fun, only taking the E-P3 and a 580EXII flash for OCF fill hooked up by a remote trigger. First time my camera gear was lighter than my luggage. :biggrin: I have had it for two weeks now and not much time to play, I think I will know this camera by the end of the trip.