Hello from Philadelphia ( S NJ really )

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Speedliner, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    Hello everyone. I just discovered this forum and am glad I did. In just a couple of days I've gleaned some great information.

I'm in Southern NJ, near Philly. My handle Speedliner comes from the name of an old favorite golf Driver, but given my affinity for old planes and trains, it fits for other reasons.

I haven't used a SLR since my Minolta X-700. It's been collecting dust since the start of the digital era. I haven't had the time for hobbies since my first daughter was born 12 years ago. Now that she and her sister are active in sports and other interests the point and shoots just don't do the job, so I decided it was time to get a DSLR and get back into the swing.

Lots to re-learn and so much new.

I chose mft because of the overall quality and the size advantage. I understood that a FF would be better in low light ( like a dance recital ) and a higher end canon/Nikon better for action, but I though with their size and weight is use them infrequently. So an e-m1 it was and I love it.

So glad to be here. Hopefully I'll have some worthy shots to post soon.

All the best,
    Rob

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  2. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay. I love Philly, only been there once though.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Mu-43 mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. flamingfish

flamingfish Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 16, 2012
    Emily
    Welcome! Waving from the other side of the bridge.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Welcome from Philly. If you get the 75 F1.8 for Dance recitals, paired with the EM1, I think you'll find it more than satisfactory.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    Thanks folks. Yes flaming fish, I found the 45mm more useful for the basketball games than the 12-40 pro as well. 75mm would be ideal for both I think.

6. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Greetings and welcome from Central Jersey. It's hard being a Phillies/Eagles/Flyers fan when you live in my neighborhood... and work in New York.

• Like Like x 1