Hello from Perth, Australia.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by KH74, Jun 11, 2012.

1. KH74

KH74 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2012
    Western Australia
    Have been a lurker for some time. I received my O-MD E-M5 12-50 kit this evening. I also purchased the 45mm lens.

I am really interested in street photography, and when I can decide between the 20mm and the 25mm, I will also have one of these lenses. I may also grab a 14mm while they are so cheap!

I sold off my Canon 7D and lenses as they had not been used in about nine months (too heavy for me). I am really looking forward to my new set-up.

Oh, I have enjoyed viewing everyones images in the lens/image threads.
  2. sammm

sammm New to Mu-43

Jun 11, 2012
    G'day from Texas!
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome! If you decide to get the 14mm then the 25mm is probably a better choice. It fills a gap better between the 14 & the 45 and the 14 gives you a pancake for walking around. :biggrin:
  4. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Welcome on board! You've a great kit to start with. As for the choice between the 20 and the 25, both are a great lenses. I personally prefer the PL25 for its quicker AF and the color rendering, which I feel is a tad richer than the 20, but others might prefer the more versatile FOV of the 20...
  5. noone

noone New to Mu-43

May 29, 2012
    Good to see someone from Perth too!

I got my OM-D 2 weeks ago and just received my 14mm f2.5 from Taiwan yesterday :D Haven't used it much except for a couple of living room shots..

Hope to try it out on the weekend when the weather gets better :)
  6. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Welcome to the forum. If you are new to street photography the 14mm may serve you better than the 20, as the 14 is a bit wider with slightly faster focus.

7. KH74

KH74 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2012
    Western Australia
    Thanks everyone for the welcome and lens suggestions.

Going to pull the trigger on the Panasonic 14mm and 25mm.

Now just need to decide whether to grab the 40-150 whilst it's $199.00 at BH Photo (half the price of what it is here in Australia).
  8. tubedriver

tubedriver Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Hi and an especially warm welcome to :43: because you are from Perth - As am I!

You have a great camera there, I should know I have one too! I look forward to seeing you around here some more and look forward to seeing some of your work.

Are you going to a camera club here in Perth at the moment?
  9. KH74

KH74 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2012
    Western Australia
    Hi tubedriver

It's great to see someone else from Perth! I only took my first pictures with my OM-D this afternoon - just a few quick shots of the storm damaged boats along Rockingham foreshore.

I do not belong to any photography clubs.

10. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Welcome Christine, I'm icon and I'm from QLD. Thanks for saying hello and I hope to see you around.

GO Maroons!
  11. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hi Kristine and welcome from another Perthite.
  12. Xuereb

Xuereb Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 20, 2011
    Perth, Australia
    Perth too. Hills though; not a city slicker. Kristine, welcome. I use a GF1 + 20mm for landscape.
  13. KH74

KH74 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2012
    Western Australia
    Thanks to everyone for the welcome! :)