1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from Paint and Shoot

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Paint and Shoot, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Paint and Shoot

Paint and Shoot New to Mu-43

Sep 4, 2010
    Bellingham, WA
    Hi All. I'm happy to have found this group from a member of the Micro 4/3 forum on DPReview. I use "Paint and Shoot" as a userid because I am both a photographer and a painter.

I started taking pictures when I was around 10 years old with a Brownie box camera. At 14 my dad gave me his Kodak retina and I was off and running. I won't take you through all my cameras or we could be here all night.

I moved to digital as soon as the better early cameras came out. I went through a line of Sony cameras to Canon cameras. I still have a Canon 5D Mark I. And let me tell you, that thing is heavy.

My first large sensor compact digital camera was a Sigma DP1 (which I still have.) It takes good photos but is cranky to use. When micro 4/3 came out I bought a G1 and became hooked. I love how it looks and feels, and it takes good pictures too.

A year ago I added a GH1 to my camera collection and it is now my work horse carry around camera. It lives in my purse and comes out whenever I see something I want to photograph. I have the 14-140, 7-14 and 20 f1.7 lenses. My only desire would be for a faster mid range zoom but I'm okay with what I have. I take photographs every day.

I've been painting since 2005. I'm getting to the point now where I feel good about sharing my work. And I am becoming known as a painter in my community which I like.

I'm looking forward to sharing news, information, ideas, thoughts and perhaps equipment if I decide to change the cameras I'm using.

Cheers!

Ann

P.S. I forgot to mention that I live in Bellingham, Washington in the US. I've been here for 20 years. I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area and lived for fourteen years in the Mid Hudson Valley in New York.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

3. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hey G'day Ann from Australia! Glad to have you here and i'd love to see some of your pictures, and maybe some pictures of your paintings;-)

How do like the 7-14mm?

icon

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Ann, thank you for taking the time to really introduce yourself, and I'll be looking forward to your involvement across the forum. Welcome!:flowers_2: