Hello from Paint and Shoot

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Paint and Shoot, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Paint and Shoot

Paint and Shoot New to Mu-43

Sep 4, 2010
    Bellingham, WA
    Hi All. I'm happy to have found this group from a member of the Micro 4/3 forum on DPReview. I use "Paint and Shoot" as a userid because I am both a photographer and a painter.

I started taking pictures when I was around 10 years old with a Brownie box camera. At 14 my dad gave me his Kodak retina and I was off and running. I won't take you through all my cameras or we could be here all night.

I moved to digital as soon as the better early cameras came out. I went through a line of Sony cameras to Canon cameras. I still have a Canon 5D Mark I. And let me tell you, that thing is heavy.

My first large sensor compact digital camera was a Sigma DP1 (which I still have.) It takes good photos but is cranky to use. When micro 4/3 came out I bought a G1 and became hooked. I love how it looks and feels, and it takes good pictures too.

A year ago I added a GH1 to my camera collection and it is now my work horse carry around camera. It lives in my purse and comes out whenever I see something I want to photograph. I have the 14-140, 7-14 and 20 f1.7 lenses. My only desire would be for a faster mid range zoom but I'm okay with what I have. I take photographs every day.

I've been painting since 2005. I'm getting to the point now where I feel good about sharing my work. And I am becoming known as a painter in my community which I like.

I'm looking forward to sharing news, information, ideas, thoughts and perhaps equipment if I decide to change the cameras I'm using.

P.S. I forgot to mention that I live in Bellingham, Washington in the US. I've been here for 20 years. I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area and lived for fourteen years in the Mid Hudson Valley in New York.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
  3. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hey G'day Ann from Australia! Glad to have you here and i'd love to see some of your pictures, and maybe some pictures of your paintings;-)

How do like the 7-14mm?

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Ann, thank you for taking the time to really introduce yourself, and I'll be looking forward to your involvement across the forum. Welcome!:flowers_2: