Hello from Oslo(ish), Norway

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by JensM, Mar 7, 2016.

1. JensM

JensM Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Oslo(ish), Norway
    As screename
    Please, allow me to introduce myself, I`m a man of wealth and taste... :wink:

Getting that of my chest, I am Jens, have been photographing on and off since 1980 when I bought my first SLR, a Pentax ME Super at the ripe age of 12. Did some payed work in due time, both as a camera salesman and as a press/info officer, with some freelancing on the side. Did films up to the early 00, when I got a digital PS and found it somewhat wanting after a couple of years and bought a Canon Powershot, which probably still hangs on a tree somewhere deep in the Norwegian woods, where I hang it when having a rest on a hike...

Bought a Pentax K7 kit, when it was released in 09, gave the Pen a good going look but the critical lack of a Viewfinder put me off that.

I had foresworn dSLRs as much to bulky and that it would reside in a cupboard most of the time, a notion that proved to be right, as photo these days seems to be a side hobby, something I do to document other activities and not a primary one nor something I do for its own value.

Still slipping a PS, now a Canon Powershot S95 in a side-pocket but it leaves me somewhat wanting as to manipulation of it, and it is somewhat tiny for my size 12 hands. I have been oogling the Fujiis for a couple of years, but the expence and no use of the dSLRs has kept me in check. Almost crashed and burn earlier this month, when the Pen-F showed up, as it is rather pleasing to the eye and I am a sucker for vintage looking stuff.

Have been researching the M43 universe since that, and am just waiting for the local shops to open, before I goes forth and buys a Panasonix GX7 due to price and its a well proven track record. The local shops has it with the 14-42 kit lens, but I will try to get the 12-32 instead and will look at the light 35-100 or the Oly 45 prime as possible starting tele options and either a Metz 32? or a Meike32 for a on/off camera flash. The reasons for these choices are part packing size and partly economics, which, when presented to the little Mrs, got me "The look". :biggrin:

Further acquisitions depends upon how much I use the outlined "entry" level set and experience based findings with it, but I do like the notions of the 2.8 zooms and a lot of the primes. My initial system on the ME-super where built around primes (28, 50, 135) and those experiences may still have some sort of influence on how I work or perhaps more accurately, want to work a camera.

Not to mention that I probably should spend some time, getting a proper digital work-flow going, something I so far have not prioritised other than getting Lightroom 3.0 and PSE 8.0 and dabbing a bit with both but not by far anything even remotely reminding me of compentence with either.

I am currently in the process of offloading two sets of dSLRs, my own old Pentax and my fathers well built but aging Canon system that I inherited earlier this winter. The spoils from these sales will be plowed back into the 43 system.

Having gone through this process, I actually feel the lust for taking photos again, for its own worth, which also has made this intro rather looong winded, but getting something down on paper or screen has a cathartic effect on me...

Anyhow, good to be aboard.

Best regards, from your humble servant etcetera

JensM

*Note to self, stop letting Victorian authors influx your writing style, and do not quote Rolling Stones as the start of every intro you write...:laugh1:

2. myhl

myhl Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 29, 2015
    Welcome aboard.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.