Hello from Oman

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by amaimani, May 26, 2010.

1. amaimani

amaimani Mu-43 Rookie

May 26, 2010
    Hello everyone,

I have just started using my OP E-P2 kit with a zoom lens and I have got to much in love with it. I have been a nikon user for years, and it seems that Nikon bodies will start collecting dust.

Anyway, I cam across this forum, and love it very much.. I hope to be an active member in ti... cheers :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  2. nokiamia

nokiamia Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2010
    Hi there. I'm a new member here too and have been really enjoying the forum. Lots of very friendly people here. Welcome to the forum and most importantly, welcome to the world of micro 4/3!
  3. amaimani

amaimani Mu-43 Rookie

May 26, 2010
    Thanks for the warm welcome Nokiamia
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

amaimani, thanks so much for taking the time to introduce yourself, and I'm so glad to read that you're in love with your E-P2!:biggrin: I'll be looking forward to seeing some of your photographs on mu-43.com, soon, too.:wink:
  5. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
  6. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Abdul - and yes this is the best forum for mu-43.
  7. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    welcome to the forum
  8. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Giday man and welcome. I'm really bad with geography and to put it straight 'where is Oman?' I've never heard of it before.

Have fun with your Ep-2

9. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Abdul ! Thanks for joining us. Enjoy your new camera.
  10. amaimani

amaimani Mu-43 Rookie

May 26, 2010
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
    Oman is in Middle East, known also as Sultanate of Oman. You can google search it or visit my site to get an idea about my country. :bravo-009:
    Here is my first posted image on this forum.. I have been testing my OLY E-P2 I hope you like it

11. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Hi Abdul,
    that little guy looks as though he comes from a colder country than yours. I worked in several Middle eastern countries during the 1970's but sadly never got to Oman which I understand is not your typical Middle Eastern country in terms of it's landscape and scenery.
    Wishing you well and may your God go with you.

12. Ben

Ben Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2009
    I spent a month in Oman back in 2001 and the Omanis are probably the friendliest and most welcoming people I have ever met. Must get back some day to get some micro four thirds shots to complement my Canon 300D ones!
  13. Caroline

Caroline Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2010
    Welcome Abdul and yes that little guy in your photo certainly looks like he ought to come from somewhere a little colder than Oman! :smile:

Enjoy the mu-4/3 format - as someone coming from 35mm digital (Canon DSLR) and medium format film (Hasselblad XPan and Pentax 645) it has been such a revelation to me to find a camera that is so capable and yet which doesn't give me backache to carry around! You will love your EP-2 even more as time goes on, trust me the micro-4/3 format has really got something special going for it in terms of being a light but extremely capable camera system :smile:

Look forward to seeing your photos in due course too :thumbup: