Hello from NY

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by maxphoto, Jan 22, 2011.

1. maxphoto

maxphoto Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 10, 2011
    New York
    Hi all. Finally found this introduction thread. I am newish to the forum, new to micro 4/3, but not new to photography.
    I picked up a G10 because I have heard that the G3 will be coming out sometime soon. I went for a Panasonic because I have an FZ30 and an FS3 already and Leica helped design the adapter to use their lenses on the cameras in conjunction with Panasonic. Eventually, I hope to add more native lenses.
    So far, the Leica 60mm macro on the G10 looks very promising. As soon as the weather is not so frigid, I hope to test it out further.
    I am also trying to see if I can further adapt the Minolta ring flash I have that was adapted for use with the Leica to the Panny. If it works, I'll let everyone know.
    Anyway, I have found this forum very helpful so far and hope I can contribute too.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. shoturtle

Oct 15, 2010
    welcome, and try to keep warm. It is cold in NY
  3. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Welcome to the forum from equally chilly New England.
  4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome from sunny Oz.
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Good morning and welcome from another below freezing New Yorker, but keep the faith a warming trend is coming!:wink: Really, we shouldn't complain. I know we have at least one member from Alaska and I bet our brothers and sisters from eastern europe, the Netherlands, and other colder climes laugh when they read us complaining about the cold!

Max, thanks so much for your introduction and for posting a couple of your photographs already! I look forward to seeing more from you.:biggrin:
  6. maxphoto

maxphoto Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 10, 2011
    New York
    Max is actually my eldest parrots name. He's the one with the orange head and the only one I had when I started using maxphoto.
    I wish we would stop getting all this snow here. I'd like to take the camera out somewhere and test it further.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome, I remember my days at Sampson, AFB on beautiful Lake Seneca. Yes I am that old. I understand that is massive Lilac Bloom country now.
  8. sinophilia

sinophilia Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2010
    Verona, Italy
    Hello and welcome! I will be in NY in April. Trying to make a habit of going there once a year ;)