Hello from NY

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Hyunkie, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Hyunkie

Hyunkie New to Mu-43

Aug 20, 2010
    Hi all!

I am a photography noob and just recently got myself an E-PL1 and the VF-2. I have been lurking around here for awhile and I really feel the great vibe of this community. I will practice hard to improve and I hope that thru the creativity of other members, it will inspire me to go out there and shoot some stuff..lol (pics of course). I seriously know nothing about photography but would like to challenge myself and do the PAD project.

Wish me luck and nice meeting you all :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Hyunkie, welcome to the light! I'm so glad you've stopped lurking in the shadows and will be looking forward to your E-PL1 photos and your involvement in the discussions. Glad to have another New Yorker here!:biggrin:

3. Hyunkie

Hyunkie New to Mu-43

Aug 20, 2010
    Thanks BBW.

I don't think I can call myself a New Yorker yet as I have only been here for maybe 3 years and I haven't really explored the city. But with this camera I hope that would change.

If you have some places to recommend that I should visit please do tell, I've been to the usual tourist places. Although, places like the highline are new to me. In fact, I went there yesterday since it was such a surprise that something like that existed here in NY and its not a usual tourist spot. Discovering places like that without looking at a tourist map is always fun :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  4. BBW

Hyunkie, you probably know about more places in the city than I do...even though I've lived outside of Manhattan for the majority of my life. There is so much to see everywhere in the city...usually I'm driving when I'm in there and can't take all the photos I see with my eyes.:wink:

There are some great walking tours, many are free... You can read about them in the NY Times and these days they're probably online.. Historic walking tours..whether they're in the financial district or parts of Brooklyn or Green-Wood Cemetery... That might be an interesting thing to try with your camera in hand.

Please be sure to post some of your photos in the image threads or genre forums, Hyunkie!:thumbup:

5. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome here from the low countries !

6. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Hyunkie.

7. Hyunkie

Hyunkie New to Mu-43

Aug 20, 2010
    Hello and thanks for all the greetings.

Thanks for the suggestion BBW, I will definitely check it out. I think I found one already its a walking tour for Brooklyn Botanical =). Also, I am doing the PAD project so I will post my pics there or at the gallery.

• Like Like x 2
  8. BBW

And don't forget to post some here in the main forums, too!:biggrin:

9. Hyunkie

Hyunkie New to Mu-43

Aug 20, 2010
    Will do =)

• Like Like x 2