1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from Nova Scotia

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by cantseecaliforniafromhere, Jan 21, 2011.

1. cantseecaliforniafromhere

cantseecaliforniafromhere New to Mu-43

Jan 19, 2011
    Lunenburg, NS
    Hi all. Just introducing myself. I'm a long-time film user who took a creative break and also just bought his first serious digital camera (Pana G2) with proceeds from the sale of a much loved, but underutilised Rolleiflex and some other stuff. I had a hate/hate relationship with my only other digital (point and shoot, used mostly for ebay), so this is essentially my first digital camera. and I'm at the very bottom of a very steep uphill climb to learn it and digital imaging as well. I picked the G series for the VF and I also love being able to use it waist level with the swivel screen. I've been lurking on the forum a great deal, and want to state how impressed I am with the overall tone and friendliness here.
    -Marcus

• Like Like x 3
  2. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome Marcus and Hello from Scotland. Nice that you've decided to join us :smile: I think you'll have a good time with your G2. I have a G1, and love the viewfinder too. It's great to be able to change settings quickly without needing to take your eye from the viewfinder. I'm quite new to m4/3, but very happy with it.

What kind of things do you like to shoot?

All the best,

Colin

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Welcome aboard! Your take on the friendliness of this forum is right on the money!

Nice to hear from Nova Scotia. Show us around with your new m43...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Grant

Grant Mu-43 Veteran

Hi Marcus

I'm just down the road from you in Martin's Brook, with my GF-1:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Marcus. You'll soon get the hang of it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Marcus, welcome! When I saw your post on another thread, I felt sure that you must know Grant, but I see you two haven't met quite yet.

I'm glad you've taken the time to introduce yourself and that you've jumped right in to the discussions here. I look forward to seeing some of your first G2 pictures here soon!

7. silverbullet

silverbullet Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 10, 2010
    Hi Marcus,

welcome from a place where California is as far away as yours......
    When I did wooden boat sailing, the east coast dories attracted me a lot. It was the time of the Wooden Boat magazine which I collected for many years.
    You'll have a lot of fun with your new cam. Please show us a lot of mystic mist shots!

Bernd

8. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Welcome Marcus and another Lunenberger to talk to ... no... I am not a Lunenberger but we do have another chap..Grant.....so you two should get together. I have an E-p2 and it is fun just like the Pany cameras and you should enjoy it as much as we do!!

9. SamSam

SamSam Mu-43 Regular

Apr 21, 2010
    Welcome

I too was a lurker and finally joined because of the friendliness. Welcome and looking forward to your great pics.

sam

10. cantseecaliforniafromhere

cantseecaliforniafromhere New to Mu-43

Jan 19, 2011
    Lunenburg, NS
    No "great pics" from me for a while I'm afraid, I'm not even dog-paddling in digital yet; and I had a fair amount of a break from film , other than kid pics. My favorite model is already my subject for some post process work, so you'll all be subjected to lots of pics of her very soon.