1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hello from Northern California!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Saelee, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Saelee

Saelee Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2011
    My name is Sai Saelee and will be an owner of the Olympus EP1. I am not new to photography but new to the m43 system.

My main system is Nikon but I just bought the refurbished EP1 from adorama for $369 with the stock lens kit. I know it is an older camera but it was too good of a deal to pass up. This will be my "fun" camera while my Nikon will be my "Work" camera. In a way I am tired of carrying my D700 with the battery grip and the giant Nikon 24-70mm lens while chasing my 19 month old son around. I need something a little bit more light weight to keep up with him.

Since this is my "fun" camera, I don't plan to spend $800 on a lens. The only other AF lens I plan to buy is the panny 20mm f/1.7 lens. I am interested in collecting the old Olympus lens for my camera, which ever one that fits.

There is a lot for me to learn about this new system and I can't wait to get my camera.

-Sai Saelee

• Like Like x 4
  2. deirdre

deirdre Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    • Like Like x 2
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome, Sai and many thanks for your introduction. I think you'll find yourself quite at home in the Adapted Lenses forum.:biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
  5. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome and Hello from Scotland. The e-p1 is a lovely camera! The out of camera jpegs are very nice.

All the best,

Colin

6. Saelee

Saelee Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2011
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. The camera is expected to be shipped tomorrow, I can't wait.

7. RedNumber5

RedNumber5 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2010
    Antioch, CA
    Welcome from a fellow Northern Californian! I think you'll find using adapted lenses can be fun and a cheap way, depending upon the lens of course, to test out various manufacturers.

8. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Sai - hope the delivery is on time.

9. Saelee

Saelee Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2011
    I got the camera today. I did some quick test and it seems to be as I expected it. I look forward to using this camera a lot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.