1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from Northern California!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Saelee, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Saelee

Saelee Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2011
    My name is Sai Saelee and will be an owner of the Olympus EP1. I am not new to photography but new to the m43 system.

My main system is Nikon but I just bought the refurbished EP1 from adorama for $369 with the stock lens kit. I know it is an older camera but it was too good of a deal to pass up. This will be my "fun" camera while my Nikon will be my "Work" camera. In a way I am tired of carrying my D700 with the battery grip and the giant Nikon 24-70mm lens while chasing my 19 month old son around. I need something a little bit more light weight to keep up with him.

Since this is my "fun" camera, I don't plan to spend $800 on a lens. The only other AF lens I plan to buy is the panny 20mm f/1.7 lens. I am interested in collecting the old Olympus lens for my camera, which ever one that fits.

There is a lot for me to learn about this new system and I can't wait to get my camera.

-Sai Saelee

• Like Like x 4
  2. deirdre

deirdre Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    • Like Like x 2
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome, Sai and many thanks for your introduction. I think you'll find yourself quite at home in the Adapted Lenses forum.:biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
  5. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome and Hello from Scotland. The e-p1 is a lovely camera! The out of camera jpegs are very nice.

All the best,

Colin

6. Saelee

Saelee Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2011
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. The camera is expected to be shipped tomorrow, I can't wait.

7. RedNumber5

RedNumber5 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2010
    Antioch, CA
    Welcome from a fellow Northern Californian! I think you'll find using adapted lenses can be fun and a cheap way, depending upon the lens of course, to test out various manufacturers.

8. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Sai - hope the delivery is on time.

9. Saelee

Saelee Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2011
    I got the camera today. I did some quick test and it seems to be as I expected it. I look forward to using this camera a lot.