Hello from Northern California!

Saelee

Mu-43 Regular
My name is Sai Saelee and will be an owner of the Olympus EP1. I am not new to photography but new to the m43 system.

My main system is Nikon but I just bought the refurbished EP1 from adorama for $369 with the stock lens kit. I know it is an older camera but it was too good of a deal to pass up. This will be my "fun" camera while my Nikon will be my "Work" camera. In a way I am tired of carrying my D700 with the battery grip and the giant Nikon 24-70mm lens while chasing my 19 month old son around. I need something a little bit more light weight to keep up with him.

Since this is my "fun" camera, I don't plan to spend $800 on a lens. The only other AF lens I plan to buy is the panny 20mm f/1.7 lens. I am interested in collecting the old Olympus lens for my camera, which ever one that fits.

There is a lot for me to learn about this new system and I can't wait to get my camera.

-Sai Saelee

Saelee

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. The camera is expected to be shipped tomorrow, I can't wait.

RedNumber5

Mu-43 Regular
Welcome from a fellow Northern Californian! I think you'll find using adapted lenses can be fun and a cheap way, depending upon the lens of course, to test out various manufacturers.

Saelee

Mu-43 Regular
I got the camera today. I did some quick test and it seems to be as I expected it. I look forward to using this camera a lot.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom