Hello from NJ!

kneelay

Mu-43 Rookie
Hi All,

I've browsed this wonderful forum on and off about 2 years and wanted to introduce myself and begin contributing now that I've become more comfortable with MFT.

Coming from Nikon (D50 and then D200) I switched to MFT in mid 2013 starting with a refurbished E-PL 5 and the kit lens. It was a much more fun camera to use compared to the nikons and soon I bought an Oly 45. Having two young daughters (6 & 2) that portrait lens has served me very well! The PL5 was a bit too simple coming from DSLRs and I really missed a VF so traded my Nikon gear for a mint EM 5 and PL25 locally.

The EM5 with the PL25 and Oly 45 have been an amazing combination!

After trying out the 12-50, 40-150, Pana 14mm and the Oly 14-42 I decided I didn't need/like any of them so after selling them recently bought the 12-40 PRO, which is an outstanding lens, when it finally popped in stock on Oly refurbished site.

So right now I am fully content with the EM5, 12-40, 45 and PL25 and really enjoying the results! I also have the original Fuji X100 which I bought used last year and despite its quirks it is a fun camera to use.

I've printed up to 20x30 from this MFT combo and the results have come out pretty decent. Still working on developing a more streamlined printing workflow though. Using LR on a retina MacBook 13"which I feel needs to be calibrated better.

So that's my brief intro and I look forward to talking shop with you all!

StefanKruse

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Stefan
Welcome, I think you will find this forum very useful, it has surely helped me in my journey to learn about the m43 format and photography in general. On top, it is a lot of fun and there is a good tone and sense of camaraderie here.

Itchybiscuit

Photon Mangler
Real Name
Ivor
Welcome to the forum Kneelay.

Your username remind me of guys here in Glasgow named Neil - they're always called 'Kneelay'. :thumbup:

Lcrunyon

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Loren
Welcome! I do a lot of bird photography in the New Jersey - Delaware - Maryland coastline. Lots of nice places there.

kneelay

Mu-43 Rookie
Thanks Lcrunyon. Have you tried the hawk watch area in washington valley park in central jersey? In the fall when hiking I see dozens of people with tele lenses on tripods trying to capture the migrating hawks. My BIF skills are nonexistent so haven't really attempted.

Lcrunyon

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Loren
Thanks Lcrunyon. Have you tried the hawk watch area in washington valley park in central jersey? In the fall when hiking I see dozens of people with tele lenses on tripods trying to capture the migrating hawks. My BIF skills are nonexistent so haven't really attempted.
I've tried it, both in Hawk Mountain, PA as well as Cape May, NJ. They're not for me. Actually, hawk watches epitomize the difference between birders and bird photographers (like me ). The hawks are usually just a little speck in the distance, even with spotting scopes. The birders get all excited and can tell the species from that little mote of a dot, and record it in their logs. I'm just sitting there clueless and wondering if anything is going to fly close enough to get a shot.

Latest threads

Top Bottom